BC Boards

I got a call...

...While I was up here in NC painting my mom's Mural. Apparently some one found this sweet gal on the roadside with her young one.

collie.jpg

They knew I helped with BC rescue, so they gave me a ring. I'm arranging to pick her up once I get back. She is awfully skinny. They found her pup a home. The good people who found her are going to go get her spayed in the meantime...they feel its the least they can do since they can't keep her, and they didn't want to just hoist her on me. But i don't think it would be too hard to find that sweet face a home...

:rolleyes:

What about Maybe Sarah?

Is this dog going to get follow through or just passed on to another home?

Sorry if this offends you. Maybe haunts me, the poor dog. Perhaps you should contact a local rescue and let them take responsibility for this dog so she too doesn't get "lost"

Please rescue responsibly if you are going to rescue. Serial dumping does dogs no favours. And that poor dog really needs a favour.

RDM

Hey Mr. Snappy.

I inquired about Maybe as soon as I found out the folks he'd found a home with were considering rehoming him. I literally panicked, and I was angry they hadn't contacted me prior to just posting to the boards, as I would have been very willing to help.

They said they were still trying to make it work. Rearranging schedules. Fixing their fence so the brat next door couldn't torment him anymore. They're doing their best, because they really don't want to give him up. I gave them my number, and strongly insisted they call me if they need to find him another home. I haven't forgotten about him.

But whether they really do call me or not, is out of my hands. I can only hope they do, should it not work out with him. And if they should, I'm fully prepared to take him back and find him a more suitable home.

...I also might add theres not very many real 'local' rescues out here in KY. There is a BC farm that occasionally takes on a foster and adopts them out, but I'm skeptical about their breeding processes....they seem to have a huge flow of puppies all spring/summer. They don't screen their buyers, and from the looks of all the 'blue' BC pups they're breeding for color.

I think Great Lakes BC rescue is the closest one to me. Theres one in TN too. But, still, they're pretty far.

I'm trying to do my best here. With Maybe, I met the family, made them think it over a day or two, was there when Maybe met their puppies to make sure they all got along. Gave him over for a trial period, and had them call me with updates. All seemed to be fine and well. Until I checked the boards one day discovering they were looking to give him up without calling me...My intention was never to 'lose' him. I saved him the very day he was to be put down.

Now, they know that I'll gladly take him back, no questions asked, if they simply can't make it work. But from the sound of things, they thought they may have found a good solution, and things were getting much better.

Hey Sarah, have you contacted Buckeye BCR? They're prob a bit closer than GL BCR and might be able to get you hooked into the local network.

Indian Summers BCR is in Ohio as well I'm pretty sure and may be worth checking with as well.

The bcrescue.org boards (http://bcrescue.org/phpbb2/index.php) have a special section for posting rescue dogs as well as rescue contacts all over the world - another good place to network through for sure.

HTH and good luck w/ Maybe and this new girl.