BC Boards

BABY PUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest LJS1993

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WoobiesMom

Unfortunately, that would just lead to dogs being put in cardboard boxes on the side of the highway then. At least they're bringing them to a place they can get help. It's not a great situation, but better than the canvas bag with rocks in the local pond of olden days. And it's pretty easy to claim to be a good samaritan and say you found them, etc.

Poor pups. So young and no mommy. They could at least have dropped her off with them so they'd be together and she could nurse them. :rolleyes: Hope the rest of them make it.

Please keep us posted.

Guest LJS1993

Well guys the prognosis is not good. The shelter doesn't have the resources at the moment for pups that small. As for us, we can't handle these little guys day in and day out. It's going to be enough if I add on to our pack on Sunday. I don't think they are going to make it. If anyone wants to step up and has the time and resources, step up now.

I would take them- but I am in NY state. Surely there MUST be some rescue who can help....

Julie

Well guys the prognosis is not good. The shelter doesn't have the resources at the moment for pups that small. As for us, we can't handle these little guys day in and day out. It's going to be enough if I add on to our pack on Sunday. I don't think they are going to make it. If anyone wants to step up and has the time and resources, step up now.

Guest LJS1993
I would take them- but I am in NY state. Surely there MUST be some rescue who can help....

Julie

She has been on the phone checking all the connections available to the shelter. I got off the phone with her about thirty minutes ago and no one can take them in at this time. In fact, our shelter receives dogs from overcrowded rescues all the time.

I am so sorry. I nursed a few kittens that my barn cat "tossed" away. It was pure hell of getting up ever 20 minutes to feed them. We finally caught the barn cat and had her spayed, found good homes for the kittens, but it was something I wouldn't want to go through again. My old dog actually took to them and "tried to nurse them" she licked them and I have it on video tape somewhere of these b & w kittens nursing on my dog and looking like pups, lifting their heads going meow. Even though she was spayed, she was a natural mother.

Guest LJS1993
If you can't take care of them, the humane thing to do would be to take them to the vet and have them euthanized.

J.

That's what happened Julie. :rolleyes: It was a hard day yesterday.

Don't beat yourselves up over this.

Even those who are experinced and equipped to deal with such a situation would have a difficult time with a litter so young.

Keep it in mind that YOU did NOT create this situation.

What you guys did was compassionate and comendable.

You did the best that you could under the circumstances and know in your hearts that was enough.

The lessons that Creator places upon us are not always easy,what matters is what we learn from those lessons to make us better human beings.

You have my respect.

Don't beat yourselves up over this.

Even those who are experinced and equipped to deal with such a situation would have a difficult time with a litter so young.

Keep it in mind that YOU did NOT create this situation.

What you guys did was compassionate and comendable.

You did the best that you could under the circumstances and know in your hearts that was enough.

The lessons that Creator places upon us are not always easy,what matters is what we learn from those lessons to make us better human beings.

You have my respect.

Well said Ironhorse- Freckles et al---you did what you could. Some of the hardest decisions are the wisest in the long run.

(Too bad the idiot whose neglect caused the problem won't learn a lesson from this as well; but I believe things like this have a way of coming full circle...) Laurie

Well said Ironhorse- Freckles et al---you did what you could. Some of the hardest decisions are the wisest in the long run.

(Too bad the idiot whose neglect caused the problem won't learn a lesson from this as well; but I believe things like this have a way of coming full circle...) Laurie

Sorry that you all had to go through that, but you did the best that you could. It was admirable to try to help. I'm sure that it was a difficult and sad decision. Hugs from Maryland.

Lisa

If only I didnt live with an 'anti-junkfoodie' honey! She said! I NEED a cheese burger (and fries and a shake)

A chocolate shake. Chocolate has caffeine and caffeine is good for relieving pain.

You guys are good people. I believe you will be rewarded for your efforts.

I'm sorry that it had to turn out that way. But you guys did everything you could. I have so much respect for you guys.

How about a double cheeseburger, shake, fires, and M&M's :rolleyes: Now that's junk food.

I'm sorry that it had to turn out that way. But you guys did everything you could. I have so much respect for you guys.

How about a double cheeseburger, shake, fires, and M&M's :rolleyes: Now that's junk food.

I hate to hear that you had to that. Key word - had.

You did the right thing. What happened to those pups wasn't your fault. It was the fault of the POS that put them in that predicament.