BC Boards

BABY PUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest LJS1993

Guest LJS1993

She brought home a litter of pups that don't even have their eyes open!!!!!!!!!!!! She is feeding them by hand as I type. I guess they were left in the night drop. Dear God what is up with this adventure!?!?!?!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful with the cat. I have one I adopted who was feral for the first year of his life. He saw Freya's pups and wanted to hunt them until they were about 3 weeks old.

WE NEED PICS OF THE BABIES! That is an order, not a request.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom

I'm not sure what kind of pups they are...they're only a few days old. There are seven of them - four gray/smokey ... one could be blue...two black. Freckles gave me a sideways look that seemed to say "Dear god mom why did you bring these into the HOUSE?" Smoggie thinks I brought him dinner... This is only for tonight...I think... Until we can find them a foster at work...or a mommadog that'll let them nurse...

all.jpg

all

all2.jpg

all

7.jpg

thats how fresh the belly button wound is

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last set are of same two dogs or so. Will update later.

There are three males and four females. Both blacks are male.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom
What exactly is a "night drop" ? Seriously, I don't know I have a vision of a post box with the little slidey/chute thing.

Sara

Night drop is a set of cages with food blankets and water that lock after shut....for those who couldnt not 'get there on time' before we close. :| They are generally full when we get in in the morning

Guest WoobiesMom

Somebody dropped them off with no mommy!!!! How mean!!! OMG! :rolleyes:

Doesn't the night drop encourage drop offs? Most of the shelters around here have big signs that say that any dog dropped there will be taken directly to the pound to discourage that type of thing. How do you keep up with all the drop offs or are you a county facility? I might have missed the details.

How often are you going to be getting up tonight with them?

I don't want to insult you AT ALL. But I don't know if you have raised bottle babies before, so I will simply ask this, and please do not take offense. Do you know that at this age they need stimulation to eliminate? A damp paper towel works perfect. Urine and feces must be done this way.

Guest WoobiesMom

^^^^^^

:rolleyes: Oh what a night it will be in CAland!!! LOL! I see (a smiling?) Freckles in the background of one of the pics! Hope you have a good evening! Shoot, with 7 mouths to feed (and other ends to deal with as well!), it should be a breeze when you have kids of your own! You'll think Whew, only one mouth to deal with? This is easy!!!

Have fun guys!

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom
I don't want to insult you AT ALL. But I don't know if you have raised bottle babies before, so I will simply ask this, and please do not take offense. Do you know that at this age they need stimulation to eliminate? A damp paper towel works perfect. Urine and feces must be done this way.

Yup, good times good times :rolleyes:

Guest LJS1993
looks like a litter of

Muchocarefors

:rolleyes:

I have a feeling after it is all said and done I will have quite a bit of knowledge about dogs. I was telling my friends at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training my usual dog story. I swore after Shadow died I was done with canines for a long time. Well, my fiance as usual shakes things up and here I am now. I have one red/brown/white BC named Freckles, going to look at a blue merle on Sunday, and now a whole litter of pups to care for. Amazing, simply amazing.

I thought the saying goes;

Its raining cats and Dogs?

well watch out for the cats cause it looks like the dogs came first.

I don't know how much you knew before about dogs but I have no doubt that taking on the duties of a surrogate bitch for for this crew will be quite the education,,LOL

But at least you know you will be up most of the day/night so you'll have time to research during those ever shorting quiet times.

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom
Somebody dropped them off with no mommy!!!! How mean!!! OMG! :rolleyes:

Doesn't the night drop encourage drop offs? Most of the shelters around here have big signs that say that any dog dropped there will be taken directly to the pound to discourage that type of thing. How do you keep up with all the drop offs or are you a county facility? I might have missed the details.

How often are you going to be getting up tonight with them?

Its an overnight shelter set up just outside the gate of the humane society.... People who are too damn cowardly to drop their animals off during business hours use this.