BC Boards

Sad and Angry why are people so evil?

Monday I posted on the BC rescue board about a co worker needing to rehome her 7yr old bc asap. At that time I only had sketchy info on a possible bite incident and that the owners vet was telling them their only alternative was to euth the dog. Well here is the full story:

Fidget a 7 yr old neut utd male bc who loves going for car rides blasted through his apparently malfunctioning underground fence and hopped happily into the open care of the neighbor across the street. The neighbors son (20yrs old) attempted to remove the dog by grabbing him from behind just infront of the rear legs and began pulling him out. Fidget suprised and startled whirled around and mouthed the young mans hand and caught him with a tooth. The mother of this young man immediately insisted on the dog being quarrintined for 10 days for observation and for her son to receive rabies shots (supposedly) and antibiotics. The dog was currently update on shots per owner and vet records. When the owner asked to see the injury and later medical reports both were vehemently refused by the Mother of the "victim". Poor Fidget was carted off to the vet for quarrintine for the 10 days. The owner also asked if the vet could talk to the treating Dr. and this was also refused. Any attempt to speak with the "victim" was rebuffed and denied. The owner then went to where the "victim" worked and convinced hime to allow her to see the hand that had been "bitten". She examined closely the hand and noticed that there was not a mark on either hand or on either arm indicating any type of bite. She then took pictures of the hands and the face of the "victim". The vet told the owner that the dog was fear aggessive and that there was no other alternative to euthing him. The owners son whose dog it was, put into the position of having to say goodbye to his best friend. I found all of this out Monday morning and was told I had 48 hours to try and find an alternative for poor Fidget. Sadly later that afternoon Fidget crossed over. There are 3 victims in this story Fidget paying the highest price of all just simply for wanting to do something he adored, and the owner and her son. The mother and "victim" showed no remorse or concern for any of them :mad: :confused: and the vet did nothing either informing the owner that he "did alot of these at least one a month" :eek: No police report was ever made and I am pretty sure that PA has a 3 and out law and that this dog without any type of bite history should have been allowed to live.

That is horrible!

I don't understand why the owner had the dog put down though. The vet wasn't in a position of authority to tell the owner it had to be done. And my understanding is that the police never got involved...?

Why ask for your help if they were'nt even going to give you the chance. Why did they euth. Fidget? Certainly doesnt sound like they were forced! IMO, the owner should have stood up for their dog and I hold them responsible! A quarantine is one thing, bothersome yes, but understandable. They should never have allowed him to be euthanized.

I have so many concerns on this. First, if there were no police reports, who forced the owner to quarentine the dog? Second, after seeing the "vic" had no marks, why did she not demand return of her dog? The "vic" and his mother may seem to be cold hearted, but the owner had this dog 7yrs.. It doesn't seem she put up much of a fight, which is surprising since she took the trouble to check the "vic" out. Why if given 48hrs to help, the dog was PTS that afternoon? There are so many questions. What is up with the vet insisting on putting the dog down?

This is a story that has me heart broken over that poor dog, and the people who should have stood up for him, are really the ones who let him down.

Man that makes me angry. So unfair.

Now you know if you were grabbed from behind by anyone you might smackem too. But you wouldn't be killed for it.

But these poor dogs have no rights.

Everyday people invade their personal space. From the young to the old.

They just walk up and grab people's dogs. Ooohing and Aahhing over them. Without even asking first. Humans see nothing wrong with this.

Now tell me if one person did this to another what would we think?? How would we react??

And then when the dogs retaliate the people don't understand why...

These are the same type of people who have dumped dogs on the rural road where I live. Just yesterday, a lovely pup GSD mix and an older dog, were roaming around our hayfields. We couldn't catch them. Later on, a fellow who lives on a farm on a crossroad from us, asked if we'd seen them. He was taking the time to drive around trying to find them. He also had tried to catch them but they ran off. He was worried someone might shoot them if they started after the livestock.

So why do people act evil.....because they can and to he** with the consequences for the animals.

I'm confused about this story too as mom said she would have assisted transport to GH.

We had a similar case though. Mom was first visited by police supposedly Frodo Bit a teenage boy then on the second investigation supposedly the boy fell down and needed knee xrays because he was sure he would bite.

My mom was allowed to hold the quarrantine and he was up to date on shots. The family refused to meet with my parents and We never heard from them again so we never found out the real story.

Our biggest question was where was this kid that he was running fast enough to be chased a distance to fall hard enough to need xrays? Our opinion was he was in my parents yard and fell while trying to get back to the road.

Not good on Frodos part but, where is that teenagers responsibilty.

When my moms dog was PTS last year for agression that resulted in an injury to my nephew no private vet would sever the head it has to be sent to a state facility. Which is required in Pa. a 10 day hold or that.

This whole story has a funny ring.

This whole story hacks me off!!! Dam owner should have stood up for this poor dog!! And yeah, I want Dixie's questions answered. The biggest thing of all though is that owner let the poor dog down. By putting it number one in a underground fence but worst of all by making that poor dog pay the ultimate price for their stupidity. And the selfishness and coldheartedness of the so called "victim".. :mad: :mad:

Too bad that dog didnt bite the victim harder...

This whole story stinks. And there's something very wrong with the whole scenario.....especially that the owner apparently did not even stand up for the dog at all!!! Obviously, if there were no police report, then the owners were not forced to have the dog killed. That could only be done by court order! I think the owners were more at fault here than anyone else, as it was their responsibility to stand up for their dog, who cannot stand up for himself. I would never let anything happen to Jes without fighting it tooth and nail to the very end, trying everything that I possibly could, to save him. No matter what. I am more angry at the owners than anyone else.