BC Boards

tub,pool,container,whatever holds water

i tried searching but couldn't find it. if anyone could point me to the right thread as im sure this has been mentioned before

basically i need a fun water based cooling solution

it's getting somewhat hot here in central TX and was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for a dog pool or tub. due to the trees in backyard preferably something less than 6ft in diameter but enough space for 2 dogs to chill. and oh yes it has to be dog proof

I use the kiddie pools. Like mentioned above, you can get them at any toy store, but, also, Walmart, Target, etc. They work wonderful. I've just found that the thicker plastic ones are much better and worth trying to find than the thin cheaper ones.

I have a hard plastic one that holds up under digging and jumping and the whole nine yards. We've had the same one, for over a year now.

I think an inflatable one would last less than 1 second with a BC...lol.

Yeah I doubt an inflatable one would last that long :rolleyes::D But I have been looking for a hard plastic pool and they're getting harder to find. Most of them are inflatable now.

I have a kiddies pool for Holly, it's a hard one that folds down. Although last year she wasn't that interested in it. She loves the sea and hose pipe so i am ineterested to see what she does this summer. It is quite a good size pool actually and they are quite cheap only about £10 pounds. Don't know what the converts to in dollars, ours came from toys r us i think. :rolleyes:

I feel a photo posting coming on.....

One of my favourite things to do in the summertime is fill up a clean stock tub in a pretty spot and have an outside bath, myself.

Get a big one.

I just posted some pics of the plastic one from Wal-mart, about $8. It was thinner than I would have liked. I will probably head to tractor supply once this one is destroyed. It makes for a great place to cool off and a lot of fun too. It is getting pretty warm here so I would try and pick something up soon.

Here's one pic of the pool....

post-7258-1179255325_thumb.jpg

Yeah I bought a couple of those at Walmart... That's why I kept looking and found some at Dollar General for

about the same price...harder,thicker plastic. Yeah I've got 3 pools scattered around for my 4. Southeast Texas

is just so warm and muggy. Summer is here....

Guest amylobdell24

Callahan's off 183 has them - what side of town are you on? Most feed stores have stock tanks - metal & heavy duty rubber - there's a ton of places out off 290 headed towards Dripping Springs :-)

Guest Freckles LaLa Mom
:rolleyes: We use a Lady Bug sandbox from Toys R Us - it has a lid and everything! It is pretty durable - this one is going on year 6.

ooo good idea!

Callahan's off 183 has them - what side of town are you on? Most feed stores have stock tanks - metal & heavy duty rubber - there's a ton of places out off 290 headed towards Dripping Springs :-)

hey thanks! i'm actually in north austin (round rock). I checked on the prices on some of the stock tanks and decided to wait to see how much the dogs enjoy it. i went to HEB and they sell cheap wading pools under $7. so far sky is enjoying walking around in it and fishing out the rocks that i drop in them.

Those little $7 pools are pretty durable, for the price. Ours lasted all last summer with 2 dogs and 2 kids jumping in and out, digging and being out in the hot Texas sun. The funniest thing was Roxie and Gus would jump in the pools to pee. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...