BC Boards

tub,pool,container,whatever holds water

So I got Bindi a small plastic wading pool from Walmart and it lasted maybe an hour. I came home and it was destroyed.

Why does this not surprise me? :rolleyes:

You could look around someplace like Fred Meyer at big plastic storage bins (totes) and see if one might work for you.

I'm going to get a kiddie pool whenever I can.

Today we had fun in a friend's kiddie pool. :D Only they made the mistake of setting the first one on uneven ground with rocks and then leaving it to fry in the sun for a couple of days. So, don't do that. :rolleyes:

Millie's not even a fan of water most of the time but she compromised and went in to cool down. :D

100_0329.jpg

100_0330.jpg

Rubbermaid makes the heavy, grey plastic tanks for watering sheep that I believe Trailrider was referring to. Pricey, but virtually indestructible. We have one for the dogs although they use the full-size cattle tanks when we are out in the fields. I can fill and dump the sheep-sized one pretty easily by myself.

Another fun alternative is an oscillating sprinkler with a variable spray, by Rain Bird (or similar brands). My dogs enjoy playing and chasing the variable sprinkles, and I sit in a chair in the shade and "supervise". It's exercise, fun, and cool for the dogs. I do it in limited amounts because it's easy for them to become obsessed. We also play with the hose stream sometimes.

When we are at the beach, we love to go to the sound side and play fetch with the Chuck-it and a ball that floats. Terrific, low-impact exercise and they stay cool and fresh (but sleep like rocks afterwards).

Best wishes in finding something that works well for you and is affordable.