BC Boards

this is just to say ...people are not nice

Well I'm sorry and if it was still possible , I'd delete it .

Of course it was not all-encompassing and I thought that was clear from the rest of my post . Maybe we can ask Eleen Stein to delete it as it's way too late for me .

Or change it to something like "this man has not been very nice to me" ...,because it would not be nice either to delete all the other posts .

Sorry again for the *ranting* won't do it again , of course I was certainly over reacting too .

Sorry again for the *ranting* won't do it again , of course I was certainly over reacting too .
That's OK, Mado. Rant away. Better to use us as a sounding board than to find yourself in the pokey for having punched this idiot's lights out.

As an aside, not that we have ever had a problem understanding your posts, but I am assuming English is not your first language. In which case I understand even more, because English, although it's my main language now, is my third language, and I understand some of the differences in the way things are said might come across differently or with a slightly different edge than what was our intent.

By all means, though. Don't stop ranting, although that guy deserves to be bitch slapped.

It must be a language thing! I never even considered taking the post title literally. Learned something new .

No worries on my part! Course I would have titled it, "please send mail in care of local cross bar hotel"! (that is "jail") I did not take it literaly in any sense. But some people take things literaly. I am sure that you meant nothing by it. And I believe you only meant it towards the rotten people anyways! Any way that's what my therapist said to say after telling them of your post! :rolleyes:

sandra wrote:

I never even considered taking the post title literally.
Neither did I---and these are my peeps and compinches. I don't think it's a language thing.

(My primary language is Californian: Mado, you should be all, "Dude!" and if he's like, "Whatever," then you should go, "Dude, make like a tree and leave." [some of the students I know might add, "... or I will CUT you!" *defiant gumsnap* :cool: ] The man's an idiot, and this is as good a place as any to rant about his rude, stupid behavior.)

Originally posted by Black Watch Debatable:

Neither did I---and these are my peeps and compinches.

Then you know that these kind of "language things" do happen (though apparently not in this case), and that it's nothing to do with intelligence or the lack of it. I wasn't trying to put anyone down. Sorry if anyone felt that I was!

Yikes, I'm wondering how some of my own comments must sound to those who do take things more literally .

Rant away mado! Normally I get very tired of dog owners complaining about how horrible everybody else is, but if this guy doesn't deserve a rant then I don't know who does!

Mado:

In my book, the worst thing in the world you can do is apologize for being right . That lets the bullies think that they are correct and perpetuates a bad situation.

I am a big believer in compassion, understanding, and thoughtfulness. There are a lot of folks that do not take the time to think about the effects of their actions on others. I have no time for folks like that.

There are a lot of very non-confrontational ways to deal with this guy. Simplest, just recall your pup before her gets there. Have her on the opposite side of you and basically keep yourself between your dog and her. EASY. Angel will do this quite naturally if she is bothered by someone and as others have suggested, it is my job to be there when this happens.

As for his comments, I am not a great orator, and just choose to ignote stupid people as opposed to engage them. I will just smile and turn and walk away. I say nothing. Funny... silence is such a harsh word sometimes.

My family alway told me never to argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.