BC Boards

this is just to say ...people are not nice

this guy I don't like , comes up to me and all he had to say with other people around , was ; this dog is a bastard mutt ,(ok) , she's submissive ,(she was being nice and rolling ) and she's dumb (he was making fun of her because she was sort of crawling); I had to leave .

In fact we were taking our children to a bus for a school trip , and I was so stooopidly upset by all his remarks that I left before time . Tamyr is like this ... Tamyr is like that ..

I like it but she's not very choosy yet about people ...so what ???

Last time he took her by her front legs to show her how to be a standing dog and she pissed all over herself ..she was so scared.

It hadn't happened for I can't remember how long ...

We went on holidays to a beach with friends and dogs and she was so brave and courageous with those big bourbouls or whatever south african fighters she looked like a hamster!! ... and this arsehole comes and says she's this or that and a coward . So dogs aren't one way or another

they have moods and characters and ways . She thought because this guy was with me he deserved respect . She was wrong .

Next time this happens , well I won't do... ok I do nothing because I'm not a fighter , but I go away again :confused: :confused:

That sucks...I would probably have made a not so nice comment about the guy's masculinity if the only thing he could say to me was badmouthing an innocent dog. :rolleyes:

Either that or teach my dog to walk up to him and pee on his leg the next time I ran into the guy! "Well I guess she's a better judge of character than I thought" :D

HeHe that would be rather amusing me thinks.

What a jerk! Some people! If he would have called my dog a bastard, I'd have told him, well, I guess the father would know! Ooooh, I would have gotten into it with him big time! Get my Irish up and look out. I would for sure never let him put his hands on my dog again! Just be glad she can't understand the words.

What an idiot!

Last time he took her by her front legs to show her how to be a standing dog and she pissed all over herself ..she was so scared.

Sooo...why did he ever get close enough to touch her? Would you let this man grope your child? Nobody gets that close to my dogs unless I let them.

Barb S

well she's a girl , so I can't even teach her to pee on baddies .:-(

I was , and often am on the verge of a fight , then I think ...why , who will benefit , my daughters will be embarassed , the dog doesn't give a flying fuck , so I just keep it to myself , but it just goes to say ; keep away from morons , they have a way of creeping in and they are so strong :-(

Urgh!!!!

As we walked down the mountain today, everybody walking up gave Kessie some friendly words, and I thought "what a nice way to give her some good impressions of people"...then this big guy came along and scared the sh*t out of her, and laughed loudly when she jumped, scaring her some more. BUT, then he admitted that he was scared of her too, which redeemed him somehow...

Your acquaintance is a lot more pukeworthy! Urgh again.

ow I didn't see that Barb from Grand Rapids (wow this has a ring to it that my place will never have!!!:rolleyes:

this is the father of one of my daughter's best friends , and he came by to fetch his kid and well shit happens ..by the time he said she was a nincompoop I was sitting there being polite ..;I should have stopped him when he took her by the legs but I was kinda astonished ...ok no harm done I don't think anyone remembers this except me and my daughter (who got angry against me of course;)

hey again GRANDRAPIDS wow !!!let's get this strait he's NOT a friend , just the father of my kid's friend .

I hated him all along , but didn't know why , and everyone was thinking I was difficult , now I'm just grumpy ...but I know why . I hate power people ...it suits me :rolleyes:

to get back to the point a FRIEND would never have done that ...or anything

Friend, whatever, you are the only one your dog has to protect her, speak up for her against the evils and ignorance in this world.

If he's your friend, tell him to knock it off in a nice way. If your request offends him, then he wasn't much of a friend to begin with.

And, at the end of the day, it's your dog who is waiting at home for you, not this "friend".

Gee, funny he picks on a submissive female dog. I'd like to see him to this to a submissive male, and get pissed on. Poetic justice.

Your dog is the way she is. Tell him to kiss off.

I think it should help all in some way . Like all stories here .

But you guys seem to be so strong already .

Maybe this is the time to say how much this board has opened my mind (not that I was stopid before;).

But to say how much I have thought more , and more effectively , about things in general ..

I'm not totally in phase with the bc business because here in belgie we just get old sheep dogs and nobody wants them .I am sure this pup I have has a deadly look , the famous look , THE look , but I got her spayed for world reasons (enough dogs) this is such a difficult decision it's done .

It has opened my mind to all the people I didn't know from the big america , but I still feel the dogs are the same , I still feel on this forum , the girl who said she was on the film in Alberta , is close to the Sincere Artisan , and to the mummy of 5 kids with the dogs , and the girl I said go to see bonbon el perro , she should go and see "whisky" too if you hear me maria the one with the sonnet al perro whatever ..

Next time he mouths off. Tell him "I understand She is a dog but what is your excuse?"

When he puts his hands on your dog~ Growl out "She may not bite you but her owner will. Now release the dog before I turn Cujo on your moronic butt."

Or you can do like my mother did to my nephew. He jumped next to our maltese scaring her. Well, next thing he knew BAMM she just right up next to him. LOL Spooked him and she then told him not to do that ever again.

I just wanted to say - I totally understand about being a submissive person yourself. I've been working for years to get to be more assertive.

Some people are just idiots. Just last year one of my mom's relatives, who was visiting their house, was talking to Oreo on the floor. We didn't think much about it until he gave her a big hug. Oreo doesn't like hugs. She doesn't like strangers either, she was only being polite saying hi to him. She turned aggressive real quick when he "attacked" her. Luckily did nothing but SOUND mean, but it scared him - and us. We honestly never saw it coming (and neither did she or she would have walkeda way). Some people... just morons. Ugh.

Originally posted by Lunar:

We honestly never saw it coming (and neither did she or she would have walkeda way). Some people... just morons. Ugh.

Sometimes things happen very unexpectedly and your reaction time is not what you'd want. I take my dogs to work with me. They're in an office where the clients can not enter so it's just the staff I need to watch. 99% of the time everything's fine, but one of my coworkers -- who actually is a very nice, dog loving man -- has a playful, teasing way of interacting with dogs. This is great with happy go lucky 10 month old Quinn, but my easily offended Lhasa doesn't like it at all. Recently, he stopped by my office (he works out of another building) and kept teasing Chili who became increasingly upset. Although Chili's not truly aggressive, I became very nervous that he might nip and kept asking the guy to stop, which he only did because he needed to go.

It was clear to me that this guy didn't have a clue how he was agitating my dog. It doesn't help that Chili has an absurdly cute teddy bear face. I decided that next time I'd immediately intervene in any interaction with Chili. Sure enough, the guy came by last week to ask a question and started the same routine. I ended up raising my voice telling him to STOP while at the same time, grabbing Chili and putting him in a crate away from the situation. The guy was completely surprised when he finally understood that Chili wasn't joking around the way he was. I felt bad for yelling but he simply didn't respond to a normal tone of voice. Hopefully, he'll stick to playing with Quinn in the future.

Maybe they are not all morons (though I have my doubts :rolleyes: , but some people just don't have a clue about what dogs are really , they have a kind of preconceived view like somthing out of films or books , and they behave in a fashion they judge to be appropriate because they know nothing , and think they know . This guy with my dog is so sure that because she lies down she's saying wipe your feet on me , and because she doesn't respond to his teasing he thinks she's dumb , he's just projecting his own aggressive dominant view of the world on the dog ...and on me

:D

"Gee, funny he picks on a submissive female dog. I'd like to see him do this to a submissive male, and get pissed on. "

says Vicki sea4th

I so wish he could meet my friend's bourboul(spelling) south african hippo as I call him , that would sober the guy no end . And Tamyr finally got respected by Big Face . (he's on my photobucket thingy , had to take pics from afar coz he didn't fit in the camera ! AND he can't drink from a toilet bowl :rolleyes::D )

Sounds like you're feeling a bit more empowered and that is awesome!

Just last night I took Maggie to an ice cream place, well she had to be tied outside while I went in to get the ice cream. She' used to being tied out and generally will do a nice calm sit stay while I'm in the shop. Last night however these people left about the same time I went in; the grandma stopped me to ask what kind of dog Maggie was while everyone else walked outside. I stood by the window talking to the grandma so I could watch the rest of the family.

You know what they did? They proceeded to try to pet my dog when she was backing away - now Maggie can get scared when I'm not around, but they weren't doing anything to get me concerned really. The thing that got me out of the shop and next to my dog was the fact that they let their TODDLER pet/grope/pat the dog that was backing away!!! As soon as I saw what was about to happen, I walked out, knelt down, and pretty much physically got in the way of their actions.

I should've stepped in sooner I know, but I felt it would be rude to abruptly end my conversation w/ the grandma. Another lesson learned, and boy am I thankful that Maggie had gotten some great kid experiences earlier in the day.

People can be dumb for sure, but we are our dogs' protectors and can't ever forget that.

I have a difficult time drawing the line between wanting to be a nice person, and letting people walk all over me, too. But you know, I honestly believe that it will all come back to those people in the end.

I let people walk all over me a lot, but when it comes to my dogs, I try not to put them in situations where a problem will happen. But if it does, I'll not stand back and let my dogs suffer.

Barb S

That rude jerk is begging to be bitten. I hope his daughter doesn't follow his example...!

Brussels, Belgium:

Based on the history, it appeared that 56 out of 65 accidents at home and 11 out of 35 in public places resulted mainly from the children's or adult's behavior. CONCLUSION: To reduce the frequency of dog bites both at home and in public places, education could be the preventive measure with the highest priority. Out of 100 accidents, 67 children might not have been bitten had they and their parents been adequately educated on safe conduct towards dogs.
[runs off to find "Whisky." Thanks, Mado!]

this is just to say ...people are not nice
I suppose I am the only one who feels this way, but I find the all-encompassing title of your post cavalier and offensive. Certainly, there are some people who "are not nice." But this board is populated with a signficant number of people who are kind, thoughtful, and supportive, people to whom you ironically turned when you had something you wanted to rant about and from whom you could expect sympathetic support. Thus, to make a generalized statement such as that contained in your title is inappropriate, particularly on ths forum.

But then again, that is only my opinion...