BC Boards

Has anyone ever adopted from "Stampers Border Collies?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Btw, Julie Poudrier is one of the most knowledgable, patient and helpful posters on these boards. What she says has HUGE weight. And sadly, she's right. Some people don't change their minds no matter what. But some do, and some learn, and for that I think we can thank long time members like Julie, Rebecca, Donald, and many, many more, who stick around and keep contributing. And I also truly appreciate our tarter members. That means you, Jodi! Please keep on being passionate about puppy mills, Jodi, there are dogs out there who thank you!

Julie's persistence in being patient, well-spoken, and understanding never ceases to amaze me. And I have been the recipient of some of her no-beating-around-the-bush advice, for which I will be ever grateful.

And I, too, am grateful for Mark (especially his scientist's view of health and genetics), Becca (and her unique viewpoint), Donald and his amazingly-written stories and opinions, Anna G (and her "cowgirl" perspective and practicality), and others that care and contribute.

I know there are others who rarely "say" something here because it's a never-ending struggle, but I do appreciate when they contribute.

Thank you!

Which is one of the problems with online communication! What the Midwest considers rude, many of the northeasters in here consider a heated, spirited, vigorous debate. I don't get at all nervous during hearty expressions of disagreement. In fact, I rather enjoy them. So... your tolerance may be very much less than mine, based on where you were raised and how people act there.

Am I rude?

Are you a milquetoast?

Obviously, it's all subjective.

I wouldn't come into a forum and call someone a milquetoast, and I would hope that someone else who doesn't understand my POV wouldn't call me rude, just because I express myself more vociferously or less cagedly.

Mary

Boy, is that the truth. I have a friend from the East Coast that says that Midwesterners drive her crazy. We are so polite that we never say what we really think about things. She can never figure out where people are coming from. I think that's true of people on the West coast, too.

Honestly, I would be polite to a mugger. It's just so ingrained from living here for so long.

I have a friend from the East Coast that says that Midwesterners drive her crazy. We are so polite that we never say what we really thing about things.

I've never really had a problem speaking my mind.

Mark (born & reared in IL)

I was really bummed to see brndlbc's post. And it's so nice that everyone is here talking about how warm and fuzzy they are ... it's too bad that the warm and fuzzy people who sat here and criticized the way information was provided in this thread didn't step up and provide the information in what they feel is a more "appropriate" tone. Disappointing, but not unusual, unfortunately.

I wanted to add a newbie's opinion on the tone of the boards...

I am new to the world of border collies, and newly joined the boards (~6 months ago). I adopted my first border collie and joined for some help with some breed specific problems. I was thinking of possibly getting another border collie and would have gone to an AKC breeder. My parents are dog people, but never working dog people, and have always believed that getting an AKC registered dog would ensure a well bred pup (which s true in some other breeds and definitely better than the pet store / nextdaypets option).

After reading your posts and hearing how dedicated these boards are to preserving the true border collie, I have decided to rescue (or in the future get a pup from a working breeder).

The point of this post was that your posts and opinions are being heard and are educating us impressionable newbies. Thanks for being such a wonderful resource! Keep up the passionate posts, I am sure there are plenty of people like me lurking here.

The point of this post was that your posts and opinions are being heard and are educating us impressionable newbies. Thanks for being such a wonderful resource! Keep up the passionate posts, I am sure there are plenty of people like me lurking here.

This is good to hear! :)

Archived