BC Boards

Pach

bcnewe2

With a very sad and heavy heart we helped Pach over the bridge today.
He lived a very full life.
Came to me as his 7th home and he was only 18 months old. A rescue I found that was a litter mate to my sweet Jazz. I was so new to dogs and rescue I had no idea that there might be an issue with a dog that had been through 7 homes before falling into my lap. We all said he was floating around waiting for us to find him.
The first night I gave him a frozen chicken wing, and then was stupid enough to try and take it back from him. Of course he bit me. The first of many battles. But always fought with love.

I was a rollerblader way back when...so we started rollerblading together, me, Jazz and Pachman. It became obvious he had issues. He would bark and lunge at men, and anyone in a hat. But we rollerbladed right on through. He was good with other dogs as long as they wanted to play the humpy game. Of course most dogs are not into that game upon first meet. So he had his share of pokes in the nose. But I dragged him everywhere with me anyways. As time went on he became comfortable in his skin and way more comfortable with everyone else too. After a few years we all forgot the weird scared aggressive dog that we had adopted.
He became Pachman.
When my daughter grew up and moved out she was in a not so good neighborhood. Once she got so scarred that she called crying so Pach went to live with her, to be her main squeeze, her protector and her best bud. He made sure that she came home every night and took him on runs everyday and he even learned to be her concert camping bud. He went to Fish concerts, giant shows all over the country, he learned how to be a hippy dog. Living with all the other hippy dogs out there in hippy land. A story was told today of him playing fetch with anyone he could muster using anything he could find, a beer can or whatever was handy. Camping all across America enjoying the party life of a young single lady!

Hi lived in a huge house of college kids, he had the life of riley. A campus mascot for the partiers of MIZZOU.
Then one day my daughter was called to duty in Iraq so Pach came home to spend his days waiting for our best friend to come home.
They were reunited after 2 long years apart. A girl and her dog back together. But by then she had a new DH, so he became their first born son. After a few years, the marriage fell apart. Pach nursed his girl the whole way through. He was there for all the tears and all the pleasures of her finding her new life, and finally her new wonderful BF. They got to spend Pach's last few months, being the family he always loved being with. Her BF brought with him 2 kids that played and loved Pach more than ever. No one remembered till today that he was such a pita so long ago. His new kids couldn't believe he was ever a mean or fearful dog.

Sadly his old body had come to the end of it's usefulness he just couldn't get up anymore. So with sad tears, wonderful memories and thoughtful appreciation of a life entrusted to us to cherish, we sent him to the rainbow bridge today to pave the way for his sister Jazz and to wait at the gate for his beloved young girl who he raised into a beautiful kind hearted woman.

Thanks for being such a great friend and helping raise such a beautiful girl my old buddy Pacher.
RIP and run free my sweet big boy, you will be greatly missed

What a wonderful tribute to a beloved companion.

So with sad tears, wonderful memories and thoughtful appreciation of a life entrusted to us to cherish, we sent him to the rainbow bridge today...

^^ This is lovely, it really sums up the last and final act of kindness and respect between a good dog and his people. Run free, Pach.

You were there for him when he needed someone to care and tough it out. He was there for all of you (especially your daughter, and our old Rocket was that kind of dog) when you needed him to care and tough it out. And, finally, you were there again for him when he needed someone to care because he couldn't tough it out any more.

RIP, dear boy!

I lost a treasured friend today,

The little dog who used to lay

His gentle head upon my knee

And share his silent thoughts with me...

He'll come no longer to my call,

Retrieve no more his favorite ball;

A voice far greater than my own

Has called him to His golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears,

I thank Him for the happy years

He let him spend down here with me

And for his love and loyalty.

When it is time for me to go

And join him there, this much I know...

I shall not fear the transient dark

For he will greet me with his bark.

~ Author Unknown

Vaya con Dios, Pach.

My heart goes out to you and your family. Pach was obviously special and found a special and perfect family for him. Your tribute to him was truly filled with love.

RIP Pach..you will always be loved.

Archived