BC Boards

Do you ever just look around you...

All the time. After putting Jin through some fairly complex exercises I just sit there grinning and thinking, "Let's your dog do that"

After more than 35 years with BCs I'm still amazed at their abilities.

I do everyday. I love at night when everyone is tired out from a full day of playing and running around. When they're laying on my feet or beside me I just think how lucky I am to have these guys in my life. I always knew I wanted a bc and one from a shelter but I never knew how they would change my life. It really takes a special person to have one of these crazy dogs, but those of us that have them sure do love them.

Merry Christmas to you guys too from Black Jack and Teebo!

Let me count the ways...

In the morning before I get up, cuddling and practicing my Japanese language lessons.

At breakfast as she sits quietly nearby waiting for a plate or bowl to lick.

During the day when she is delighted to do anything with me - so present and full of enthusiasm and joy.

At bedtime when she scooches up to me for her goodnight cuddle. And then after she hops into her bed and curls up, burying her nose in her tail-feathers. Then when I start singing her lullabye and she heaves a huge sigh of contentment and closes her eyes.

A hundred times a day I thank doG for the wonderful friend I have in Sugarfoot.

YES I love my dogs but sometimes I sit and wonder how crazy I am for owning this many of anything. Wouldn't have it any other way but just sometimes....I let the words or thoughts of the "normal" people make me think for a minute I'm the one that's crazy!

Yep...I'm crazy and I love each and every one of my crazy dogs!

Oh yes, all the time. Wouldn't have it any other way. And I totally agree about the complex dogs getting under your skin. I don't think I'll ever be able to have another kind of dog...

On a side note, we were watching our friends BC mix and GSD for a few days while they had their baby and got back to the house. I was carving a turkey one night while they were here and I didn't realize it but they were all stacking up behind me. Far enough away to not get yelled at but all staring at what I was doing intently. It gave me quite a laugh when I turned around. All 5 crazy dogs, staggered all the way into the living room...

Yes, this is exactly how I feel too. I said I wasn't getting anymore so I could foster. I find it so rewarding. But honestly? I'd have a hundred border collies if I could afford them. :rolleyes: I love the dogs that we have here, but sadly there is only one border collie... Except for the little tyke in my lap that my sister is getting for Christmas... she may have to fight me for him lol!