BC Boards

I'm amazed at Maddie

Today she knew we were at the ice cream stand and she would get some. She went into full wiggle mode.lol

She went for a swim today and was putting her head under the water.

We also had to stop at Lowes and the debate was on what to do so in the cart she went. She was a hit and very well behaved.lol

What a kids dog she is too Nick (7) was pushing the cart real fast and she had her feet on the back leaning out. She whined when he stopped.lol

Nobody bothered you about having her in the store? The cart huh, I'll have to give that one a try. . . :rolleyes:

I hate it when it gets hot. You cant leave them in the car, you cant take them with you. . .its just not fair. I went to an outdoor mall the other day. !!OUTDOOR!!! and they still told us to leave. It wasnt like I was going to take her into any stores. She'd have been fine leashed next to the door. . but nooooooo.

I hate all the restrictions on pets. People were talking about it the other day and they mentioned that you can't even take dogs to *outdoor* cafes, often. That totally bites. I mean, I understand that if you have a totally spazzy dog who's a problem - but if your dog is napping under your chair?? Gragh. I really wish I could take Zoe more places.... it would definitely help with her socialization.

I think they should let more dogs in places and less younguns! What has happened to "parenting"? LOL I took Jackson into Wally world when he was a pup and they said over the loud speaker for the woman with the animal to please take it outside. I want y'all to know that a 4yr. old ain't got nuthin on me when it comes to "dawdling"! Needless to say, I finished my shopping and checked out before the law came!

Amen Linda!!! I went to a resturant the other day and asked to be moved because they sat a passle of 5 year olds at the table next to us. (My kids are grown and gone and never acted like this bunch of hoolagins) My dogs are much better behaved.

Oh and if you ever get a chance to go to Mammonth Mtn in Calif, take your dog, most dog friendly town I have ever been. Most of the shops of water bowls and treat jars for the dogs! Rob and Briar went everywhere with us.

The only problem that I have with people and their dogs in public places, are those folks that THINK that they have very well behaved dogs when in fact they don't. If everyone had very well-behaved animals that were clean and knew how to mind their manners, then I'm all for it. Until that can happen, I'd prefer that they stay out. Hummmmm....to bad their can't be the same rule for kids...

Sounds harsh, I know...but who gets to decide which animals are welcome and which aren't? I know some stores make exceptions for small dogs, that makes no sense to me since some of the meanest dogs I've ever come across have been little ankle biters.

I just LOVE our Lowe's! We've been taking Celt and Megan there for three years now. I keep a small rug in the car to put in the cart so they are comfy and have traction.

They have to be in the cart because they don't allow them outside the cart when they are in the store. They are always welcome and get terrific socializing from the staff and customers.

The dogs have a "hop in" command that has them jump into the cart either from the ground or from the vehicle (works well from a van or from the back of a station wagon). Then "load up" at the end of our trip means to hop back into the car from the cart (remember to "brake" the cart with a hand or foot or it will zoom away when the dog jumps in or out).

If I have to use the ladies' room, I just park the cart outside the door of my booth and they stay put in it.

I take the leads in with me in the cart but don't put them on the dogs, and I make sure they are polite and quiet. Lowe's is one of the most dog-friendly businesses I know, and I appreciate them for it.

We also have the larger mall in Morgantown that allows well-behaved dogs on lead. I've been to the food court there (when it wasn't busy) and have had no negative comments. I put them on a down-stay outside the serving lanes and use a table on the outskirts of the eating area.

Our other mall, that occasionally sponsors "pet dog shows", won't allow a dog inside and doesn't mind being snippy about it. Go figure.

Love the fact that busses, train, and even funiculas in the UK give the price for a dog to ride.

We've met the nicesest dogs in pubs. Dylan, a "real" cocker spaniel who sat on a bar stool with his owner but, with permission, came over and ate the leavings of our steaks. Various Jack Russels who, with permission, jumped up and sat with me. A huge bear of a golden who filled the entrance but rolled over for belly rubs. A bulldog who carried his ball around the pub and got us all to toss it for him - even downstairs into the kitchen. Lurchers, collies, and all the rescues in the world.

I had to go to our local mega-mall yesterday (honestly - my favorite paring knife broke and I had to try to find a replacement). It could have use a lot more dogs and a lot less of certain people!

There is another mall that is very similar to the one that turned us away that allows dogs. But it's on the other side of the city. Not a short trip in the least. I've been there once and its really nice.

I hate being told to leave somewhere because I have Jen with me. It always feels like a personal attack, and has brought me to tears on more than one occasion.

I dont know if anyone remembers the "sacred feather" incident at the pow wow on the reservation where my Dad lives.. .still burns me up. I thought about going this year just to spite, but I had to work.

Originally posted by nancy:

Love the fact that busses, train, and even funiculas in the UK give the price for a dog to ride.

i dont know about the rest of the uk, but whenever i have travelled in somerset on the bus with my dogs they go free! the only thing they ask is that you dont allow them on the seats which tikki doesnt mind as he usually spends his time getting all the attention from the other passengers. the only time i have ever got irked was a lady saying to her little one 'go and smooth the doggie' without asking me if it was ok, but give her her due, she didnt get funny with me when i said my dog didnt particulary like children and really she ought to ask the owners permission first.

on the downside, there are only a very few beaches that allow dogs now, and more and more places are 'dogs on leads only' in my area. the 1st because too many people dont pick up after their dogs, and the second because sheep worrying/attacks are getting more and more frequent.