BC Boards

Howling...Greeeat.

Psyche's in standing heat right now, so she and Morrie have been trading who needs to be crated and when, and this morning while Morrie was in his crate, he started barking and whining, like he does *rolls eyes*, and all of a sudden I hear this terrible howling in addition to Morrie's barking...

Psyche's a howler. Who knew?

Yeah our little Pepp is a howler too. And taught Poppy too whenever we would leave the house. It is hard to break them of it. :rolleyes:

Sam's a howler. He has a very wide repertoire of sounds wherewith he scolds me if things are not moving quite fast enough for him, or we are thwarting his Royal Will. It's funny now that he's compromised on some basics like crating and being left behind when I go to the bathroom. :rolleyes:

Odin's alarm bark starts with a mini-howl: A-roo-roo-roo-roooooooo-roo bark grwororwl bark bark!! He actually learned that bark from another dog who does it that he knows. It startles me but I actually kind of think it's cute. It seems to me a lot of BCs have a flair for the dramatic and howling is nothing if not that.

Whim is a howler too but only at agility trials when he is in the tent and he can hear dogs running. First time I heard him I almost fell over laughing, he sounds so pathetic and forlorn

I'd probably be howling too if the only once or twice a year my body was saying"go for it...get a guy" got thwarted by being put in a crate!

Yeah, good enough reason, I suppose - but I'll have to keep thwarting her chances because I am NOT having mutt puppies. :rolleyes: