BC Boards

Kong for 17 week old puppy

I fed my pup his meals in the Kong a couple times. Put the dog food in and they roll it around so the kibble spills out.

Also, I would fill it up with kibble, then seal the top with a thin layer of Peanut Butter. I didn't freeze this, but you certainly could.

I've stuffed Kongs with peanut butter for my dogs, from puppyhood on up. So far (knock on wood) it's not been too rich for any of them (Of course I'm not talking about packing it full, either). I like to add a little kibble or break up a couple of dog cookies and add to the peanut butter. I've heard some people use cream cheese, but I've never tried that. Basically I use anything healthy for them, I cut up leftover fruits or veggies (no grapes or raisins!) or meat, whatever's around. Mix that up with p-nut butter, yogurt, canned pumpkin, again, whatever is around. Freezing it seems to make it last longer, too.

Anything you can fit into it, that your pup likes!

I've used peanut butter, cream cheese, braunschweiger (liverwurst), all interspersed with tiny piece of kibble.

Frozen is REALLY good when they're teething too!

Kong actually makes a puppy kong - which I like because it's a bit softer, and a bit smaller. Even for adult dogs, I figure a couple tablespoons of stuffing is enough at any one time.

Yum!

diane

I had some home made potato wedgies as the kids called them (cottage type fries-no salt, Mrs. Dash on them) that I had frozen in a zip lock. I pulled those out and put one in a kong...took Bess awhile to get that.

I fill my 16 week old puppy's kong half-way with kibble, then squirt some Kong Puppy Stuff'N, the kind that comes in the whipped-cream type can. Then I fill the rest with kibble. It really makes Bandit work at it, because he can smell the Stuff'N underneath the kibble that isn't as appetizing. Instead of Kong Stuff'N you could use any paste textered food that your puppy loves.