BC Boards

Introducing Myself

Howdy!

My name is Ruby and some of you have indicated that I'm a slug or something. I have 2 dogs...both mixed breed Border Collies. Is that a problem on these here boards? I grew up in Idaho with sheep/cattle and I now live outside of Vale, Oregon. I am interested in training my dogs instead of buying already trained dogs because I'm sick of paying someone else to do what I can do. My dogs are good dogs and out of Peru, like a friend of mine who is a shepherd in Idaho. They are mixed with something that the bitch got into in town.

Yes, I do use those cone things to keep my dogs out of the trash. So, sue me. Its still legal in Idaho near as I can tell.

Love,

Ruby

PS I am interested in making friends like I did already with Bo Peep

hi mary, honey,

It's not good for your dog to jump like that.

Hard on their hips.

I know. It's sure hurt mine.

Maybe that's how you do things in florida, but in Idaho we roll the ball nice and easy.

Love,

Ruby

I don't live in the city, my dogs don't play with balls unless they find a ball of crap out in the field. When you come to an on line community like you have, it's better to get the flavor before you start calling people out.

No it's not against the law to put a cone on your dogs head to keep him out of the trash but it does show what kind of trainer you are or aren't.

Speak softy and don't carry a big stick, you might use it on your dogs.

BTW did you live in Peru or is that a town near Vale since that's where your dog got bred?

And no I don't think you're a troll, they aren't as obvious as you have been.

Kristen

Ok so sue me guys....I got caught up in the heat of the moment

QUOTE(Tea @ Oct 17 2008, 08:30 AM)

Hum? What IS a troll?

Troll:

One who deliberately posts derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding.

....and so the point is...don't fall for the bait. Ignore and don't answer. :rolleyes:

Hi ruby-

I don't know what those cone things you are describing. It was very interesting to me that you were from Vale, OR. I lived there for a few years before my divorce. Where are you located and who do you train with? I know a lot of plain old shepherds out there and Don and Pat aren't too far of a drive and their prices are really reasonable.

People will get used to you.

Okay Mary, I gotta ask you - how did you catch such a great jumpimg shot of your dog? I keep trying and can't catch one like that!

Honestly, I don't even remember taking the picture. He missed the ball, though. So, I'm guessing that he lost track of it, spun around at the last minute, and jumped just a little too late. Thus, the goofy pose.

I really don't think I could get used to somebody that is ready to breed an uproven young mixed breed dog...

Just curious...I couldn't find any references to breeding; has someone got a link?

A

oh, I just read your profile. I wouldn't be talking about breeding on this board. That is a no-no here. Leave the breeding to the experts. Read through the other threads on breeding. You'll learn a lot and I hope you stick around. People here can help you and I hope you make the right decision on your dog. There are so many rescue dogs out there- don't add to the population. Off my soap box, now.

Just curious...I couldn't find any references to breeding; has someone got a link?

A

Check Love, Ruby's profile, Anna. Besides the ludicrous things she has posted, her personal statement proudly proclaims that "I Love My BC MIX!!! I plan to breed her soon! I'll keep you posted!"

If that's not intended to bait the folks here (BC MIX!!!), then someone is incredibly, uh, ill-informed.

Ruby, may I make a suggestion? When "introducing yourself", starting off with a belligerent attitude is not conducive to endearing yourself to those you wish to meet. Hostility and antagonism do not facilitate credibility; such an approach immediately puts your audience on the defensive. You will find that most on this board are reasonable, understanding people, and are open to rational discussion and exchange of ideas. To presume that everyone is your enemy does a disservice to those who would welcome you to their midst.

But then again, that is just my opinion...

Check Love, Ruby's profile, Anna

Ahhh...thanks! Now I see what the fuss is about (I'm sometimes a bit slow). Troll, indeed, particularly given the attitude accompanying the posts and proclamations,

A