BC Boards

Nell has one paw on the Bridge

Dear Jo, We are sorry to hear about Nell. A friend lost her dog to the same thing last year, and she opted for the same treatment of prednisone. I will tell you that it gave Jadey a very decent quality of life while it worked. It should do the same for Nell. Having been a cancer patient myself, I can tell you that I would not put a dog with advanced disease through the aggressive treatment unless they could tell me that the prognosis was very good with the treatment.

Kathy Robbins

So hard to read this with it being less than a week losing my heart, Flick. The realization is really really tough. Right now, I'm not emotionally in a frame of mind to say, stuff like "time heals all wounds", so I'll just I'll be thinking of you and Nell and wishing you the best, OK? Make the most of your time together now. I did with Flick and do not regret it. Don't know what else to say except that you and Nell will be on my mind.

So hard to read this with it being less than a week losing my heart, Flick.

Vicki, I am so sorry to hear about Flick. May I offer the following thought as consolation?

I got to the gate of heaven today,

After we said good-bye.

I began to miss you terribly,

Because I heard you cry.

Suddenly there was an angel,

And she asked me to enter Heaven's gate.

I asked her if I could wait outside

For someone who would be late.

I wouldn't make much noise, you see,

I wouldn't bark or howl,

I'll only wait here patiently,

And play with my tennis ball.

The angel said I could stay right here

And wait for you to come,

Because Heaven just wouldn't be Heaven

If I went in alone.

So I'll wait right here, you take your time,

But keep me in your heart,

Because Heaven just wouldn't be Heaven

Without you to warm my heart.

Jo, I wish I could offer more comfort than merely expressing how sad I am for you and for your Nell.

I have a very old gal here with me right now that I just pulled from AC this morning. My greatest hope for her is that she finds a forever home with as much love and devotion as you have showered on old Nell, where she can live out her last days in comfort and in peace. My thoughts are with you.