BC Boards

Zag goes under the knife

30.jpg

Hi all! Just wanted to ask if you all would keep Zag in your mind today. I know both the neutering and removal of the dew claws are rather simple surgeries, but I am still frazzled. I worry... it's what i do! Sydney is laying here at my feet, bored. She misses her lil buddy, heck i miss him too!

I have to head off to work, thanks all.

Good luck. I'll be thinking about him. God Bless

Mien too are going in for the spay adn neuter. I sure will keep your baby in mind. ~Hugs

We should have a spay/ neuter check-in tonight to make sure that all our kids made it ok.

Thanks all! I have been all thumbs today at work! I can't focus, and the only chance I get to check in on him no one is in the office.

Good luck Zag, and stay calm vibes for mom
Errm i'm a man last time i checked! :rolleyes: LMAO now i know how it feels! (i called AK Dog Doc a man, she isn't tho) I just get all girlish when it comes to my babies/ :eek:

I'll keep everyones puppers in my prayers.

Zag is doing great! Everything went well, i can pick him up tomorrow after 10 a.m. He has to wear a E-collar! Oh the black mail pics will be priceless! When Zag wont pick up his toys, all i have to do is wip out the picture, walk up the street, and show his buddies. :rolleyes:

Oh don't worry you'll all get first preview of Zag in the funny collar.

Thanks all for the kind words of encouragement.

Good to hear everything went well. God Bless

Zag is fine, he has chewed thru, yes thru his e-collar. Pulled off every bandage applied to cover his dew claw sites. Has learned to "cough" up pills. Refuses to return to the crate. (poor fella is in exile) He is still going 100 mph, no matter how many times i say "Knock it off!"

Sorry took me so long to respond, been kinda nutz here! Working way to much this week :rolleyes:

Here is Zag b4 he destroyed his e-collar.

ecollar.jpg

Dang i need to buy a good digital camera!

Hey, Fooshuman, if you're still having trouble getting pills in, my ace in the hole is liverwurst. It smells good, tastes good, and has a strong enough aroma to disguise the smell of most medications. It's easy to form into a little meatball around the pill, and typically dogs love it so much they don't care WHAT is in there, they want it. Most dogs would eat a scorpion if it were buttered in liverwurst. Get the cheap kind -the expensive pate` style stuff is like trying to throw peanut butter, you will NEVER get it off your finger and into the dog's mouth.

One word of warning... use only enough to pill the dog. I had some liverwurst here for pilling one of the dogs, and while I was off doing that I left the package (with the rest of the liverwurst still in it) sitting on the counter. Finn decided to help himself. I'm telling you. The resulting gas was enough to strip paint. Worse, it seemed to cling to everything it touched. I had to wash my comforter after that episode. I tried not to let him sleep on the bed, but he'd sneak up after I fell asleep. I'd be awakened from a sound sleep by this insistent foul miasma, thinking "What on God's green earth is that SMELL?!?!?" only to find Finn laying meekly at the foot of the bed, looking apologetic. Even though the duration was short, it was highly memorable, and I actually had to bathe him to get the smell out of his coat. It was really awful. And think what I do for a living. It's not like I'm unused to odors.

The takehome lesson being: just enough to pill the dog. I've never had a problem with that amount of liverwurst. It's just the "eating the entire package while Mom's back is turned" thing that causes problems.

Good luck and I'm glad the surgery went well.

P.S. If it's any consolation I knew you were a guy. :rolleyes:

AK-Oh wow! That does sound awful to endure!! But using the liverwurst sounds like a good tip I will have to remember!

Foos- So glad to hear that Zag is doing better. My two are going haywire being confined and not allowed to roughhouse or run..lol. The week is almost up for Popcorn, but Pepper has another week to go...

~Rolls eyes~

GOod idea and thanks AK. (i'll use it) I don't have a problem getting the pill down, he just "coughs and coughs" until he can spit it out! I started massaging his throat last night. He doesnt seem to try to spit it out when i do that.

Yeah Zag is supposed to wait 2 weeks because of his dew claw removal. I don't think he understood what the vet meant by no rough housing tho.