BC Boards

I had to say goodbye to Lucy today.

The folks just left, and I mean to tell you, if ever a perfect match was, it was today! Their dog, Blaze was wonderful and he is gorgeous. And he runs just like Lucy! Anyway, after spending some time with Lucy, I couldn't even call her up the steps! She wanted to stay with the guy! Then, after the paperwork was done, and we walked outside to take pics, Lucy jumped in the van and would not get out for love or money! Little heifer! They are just in love with her and commited to being her last home. I bawled after they left. My two girls, gone on to new life's, and I feel like going to bed and having a real good cry! But I am so happy for them. The homes they went to were just the best for both of them. So, now, I have Holly and she will be here at least another 5wks.. After that, I am taking a break, and just gonna let it all settle with me. Good luck Miss Lucy. Have a happy rest of your life!

Congratulations to Lucy! :rolleyes: You sure did right by her, Linda, taking such good care of her and of Missy until the best homes came along for them both. I hope Holly continues to do well with her HW treatment and that, after she is adopted, you get the rescue break you have earned.

Awww. What a happy ending indeed. I remember the day we first heard about Lucy and Missy - I never would have thought that they'd each find wonderful loving forever homes like the ones you found for them. *sniffles* Damn, now you've got me started!

Congratulations to you and Missy and Lucy. And good luck with Holly. :rolleyes:

I know those tears. They are regret that I won't be a part of her real life, that she/he will "only" remember us as a way station to that new beginning, while that dog feels just as precious as a family member to us.

"Summer camp is over - I'm going home!"

A big congratulations to you and to Lucy and Missy! You will definitely need a break soon, you've had some tough ones. But I bet you'll be back at it - you've sure got the heart for it.

That had to be hard as heck. You made their life so much better! They will be forever thankful. Thank you for doing so much for them and I know they will never forget you for helping them when they needed it. Take care and smile! :rolleyes:

Thanks y'all! These people are so nice! They called when they got home to let me know they made it okay(they live down by Savannah)and to tell me Lucy was settling right in. They even sent me some pics! I have permission to post them and the ones I took(I always ask before putting someones face on the internet! :D ) I just gotta figure out a way to make the ones they sent me smaller! I've always wanted to go to Savannah, never quite made it. Now I have a really good excuse to make the trip! Funny how two of the least "busy" dogs left, and the "busy busy" dogs stayed, yet the house seems so empty! :rolleyes: I had the girls about 1 1/2 yrs. I will never forget them. They will always have a special place in my heart.