BC Boards

Got my new BC!!!

LOL My avatar rocks!!! it freaks the people out at my church as well so dont feel alone.... hehehe

Well it's the froth night and Saki is sleeping in the bed between my girls. She's extremely spoid and seems to be doing well with my noisey kids. Also, she's getting along with the cat. As of now she's only had two pee accidents in her crate and none in the house. The only bad thing is that for some strange reason likes to poop in the flower beds, I'll have to put her on a leash starting tonight when I take her out.

From the first day I started her on a schedule,

7am food then walk/run/bathroom

7:45am rides with me to drop kids off at school

10am bathroom break

12 noon bathroom break

2:30pm rides with me to pick kids up

5pm food then bathroom

6pm run/bathroom

7pm-midnight bedtime with kids

midnight - 7am crate

No barking yet, lots of crying but not to the point that she's driving us crazy. I put her in the crate around midnight and she sleeps all night long.

one during the night and the other was between 10am and noon.

I'm not good about getting up in the middle of the night to let puppies relieve themselves. (Another reason I prefer rescues.)

Jake was housebroken....if you knew his signals. He had about 5-6 accidents in the house until we caught on. (It took me awhile to realize when he walked up to me and pressed the top of his head to my leg he was actually letting me know he had to go. :rolleyes: )

I'm not good about getting up in the middle of the night to let puppies relieve themselves. (Another reason I prefer rescues.)

I hardly notice getting up in the middle of the night to let puppies relieve themselves. Probably because I get up myself during the night :rolleyes: Quinn arrived seeming to understand housebreaking at 9 weeks old but I figured as long as I was up, I'd take him out for a quick pee for the first few weeks.

I have a harder time with ealier the wake up times so I can make sure the puppy gets enough play and opportunities to potty before I leave for work. I'm not much into puppies, despite how cute they are. I find them so much work since I keep them under constant surveillance plus take them out pretty much hourly in those early weeks. My goal is for the puppy to never have an accident. Haven't quite achieved that with any of them but I will say with each puppy the record has improved as has keeping them out of too much mischief. Still just thinking of Quinn, who was such a baby coyote, makes me exhausted.

Next dog is going to be a rescue! :D

I hardly notice getting up in the middle of the night to let puppies relieve themselves. Probably because I get up myself during the night :D Quinn arrived seeming to understand housebreaking at 9 weeks old but I figured as long as I was up, I'd take him out for a quick pee for the first few weeks.

Next dog is going to be a rescue! :D

But, unfortunately, I don't. Sometimes I wonder if there's something 'wrong' with me. :rolleyes: Once I get to sleep, I sleep all night. If for some reason JJ can't hold it, as least he'll bark. JJ is such a good boy, if he barks, he has to go. No discussion. I know there has to be times Jake probably has to go but he won't make a peep. He'll just hold it. Bless his heart. He works hard to please. We're so lucky to have them. :D

Congrats!!!! She's such a cute little pup. Have fun with her.