BC Boards

Got Good News on Cheyenne today!

Well, I just got off the phone with doc. He said he finally got fax from vet who did original surgery on Cheyenne. He said of all the cancers dogs can get, she got the "best" one. I'm not sure if I can explain it right, but basicaly, her cancer is in the "plumbing" not the glands. The kind she has is NOT aggresive. He still can't give a time frame, but I am doing the happy dance anyway! He feels that more surgery would just result in more surgery etc. So, we have agreed that she will just be watched and take it step by step. He said he won't say it won't spread, but he did say it has a low probability.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. They worked!

I hugged her and told her the news. That she had gotton a reprieve of sorts. She said thats fine, now scratch my back! What a lil heifer she is! And I love her!

I am so happy to hear you got good news. I tried to find your number to call and cheer you up a bit as Mick is doing so well he's fallen in love with my dad and he was a doll at the sheep trials everyone loved him.

More good thoughts for you and cheyenne May she live a good comfy life. (read make Linda work real hard to please her)

What good news for you and Cheyenne! I've been following this thread, my Golden Retriever Sierra got a cancerous tumour in her abdomen at 6 years old, like you we chose not to do chemo and just had the tumour removed. It was a low aggression cancer, like Cheyenne. The tumour came back about every year and a half, we would have it removed and it never spread, 4 surgeries later she's now almost 12, still going strong and right now cancer free. We're getting to the point where her age may preclude more surgeries, but hopefully with this low aggression cancer that won't matter too much. I always see Sierra as a symbol of hope in the face of cancer. Good luck to you and Cheyenne.

Awesome, fantastic news!!! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

A very quick Google search turned up this.

I've read here and elsewhere that after a dog is spayed (regardless of her age), although she may develop mammary tumors they tend to grow much more slowly and be much less dangerous. And if cancer cells haven't spread to the lymph nodes then Cheyenne's in great, GREAT shape. This is such good news!!! headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

Luisa, thanks for that link! I just read it and it made me feel even better! I guess when we hear the "C" word we just automatically think the "D" word. It is an Adenocarcinoma that she has and it is the less aggressive. I couldn't remember what he called it till I read it.

Bustopher, thank you. I know you are having it ruff right now. I want you to know that you and Missy are still in my prayers. I really do wish you all well. Anything you need, just ask.

Thanks again to y'all.

Muddy, yes I can understand how you feel. And I know how hard this must be for you. I guess we will never know why it is one instead of the other. There is no shame in how you feel and I think you have a huge heart to be able to still be glad for my Cheyenne. Bustopher is going through the worst end now with Missy. I think it says something about "our group" as a whole that we can share in each others happiness or grief, regardless of what is going on with us personally. I hope your pain is easing. Thank you again.

AAAAW Dixie girl... feels good to cry tears of relief for a change. Now let's hope and pray it turns into 100% joyous buckets of tears, while you're dancing!!!! (but be careful, a slippery floor could be dangerous LOL!) :rolleyes:

((( HUGS )))

Thanks JoeAnne! Right now I feel anything is possible! Yeah, about the floor! LOL But the real danger is Jackson, I taught him to do this kinda dance with me and when I started literaly jumping around, he thought it was an invite! Silly boy! Cheyenne started barking wondering where the grizzly was!