BC Boards

He's here!

Maxx (as mentioned in my thread a few days ago in coffee break) is here - freshly washed, collared, and crated. He's a smart boy - already figured out the treatball, not bolting through crate doors, yipping=no people, and that nylabones are yummy.

Maggie isn't impressed, but she's tolerating him with a minimum of posturing. She is a lot more affectionate with me though since he came into the house.

We may head to Petsmart later to get them both new tags (I changed my cell # today), more pickup bags (you can tell Mr. Maxx has been eating a lot recently :rolleyes:), and more treat toys (Maxx is on crate rest only until at least Monday).

Fun Fun! Pictures to come...

Well we're now to the stage where Maggie takes great pleasure at acting really tough and then trying to get the foster to play lol. Maxx isn't quite sure what to make of Maggie's behavior I think.

He's pretty cool. I like his coloring. They'll start to get along with each other. Is he shy of people?

Maggie does look kind of like "hey, what's he doing here?"

Maxx is listed as an ACD mix since we don't know for sure if he's purebred, but it is suspected that he is. I have had a few people mention Stumpy Tailed Cattle dog and addition to ACD given his tail and lighter build.

Maxx is amazing with people and dogs - we went to Petsmart yesterday and he was schmoozing with everyone and not once looked cross-eyed at another dog. :rolleyes:

Maxx is amazing with people and dogs - we went to Petsmart yesterday and he was schmoozing with everyone and not once looked cross-eyed at another dog. :D

That's great!! It's always nice to see them enjoy it rather than trying to start a fight with every other dog they find. Plus they get lots of extra treats and petting from everyone :rolleyes: