BC Boards

First Annual West Coast BC Picnic and Romping Good Time...

Greetings,

The few and the proud of us living here in Oregon experienced a sudden epiphany this week, and realized the West Coasters among us should probably take advantage of the good weather this summer to get dogs and people together. And so, in the course of a few posts back and forth (there are really only 3 of us in Oregon after all.. :D ) the first annual West Coast BC Picnic is born!

Of course, the invitation is open to all, even those on the 'other' coast :rolleyes:. So far, August 11 or 12 has been tossed around as a date. The suggested location is Yachats, OR....a small beach town with a great dog friendly hotel and lots of sand and surf.

Who's with us?

Sam (shatchp) on behalf of Clara and Shelb's Mum.

(Note: the dog friendly hotel is the Fireside Motel http://www.firesidemotel.com/ ....I have no idea about availability of rooms. However, there's camping around, and Yachats is close to Newport and Florence, both beautiful towns.)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great!! can I bring my bf's very non bc dog?!? thats the only way he'd drive me down there, I mean I COULD drive myself, but would most likely end up lost!!! lol

Yeah!!!! Thanks for posting this fabulous idea we hatched in the other thread. August 12th would work best for me, because my husband is a Park Ranger and works Saturdays during the summer. So Sunday 8/12 would be perfect.

but would most likely end up lost

HAHA! You can't get lost, just get on 101 and go south from Newport until you hit Yachats! But seriously, bring the BF and his dog. The more the merrier. I'm bringing my mutt, since there is just no way I'd take Ling to the beach and leave him home. Though he is supposedly 1/2 BC, we have some serious doubts about that!

Are we REALLY the only three from Oregon? Well maybe some Canadians, Washingtonians (?) or Californians will want to make the treck. Hint hint RDM, Woo would LOVE Yachats!!!!

we get to meet the EVE?!? :D you might go home with one less dog.... or the wrong one :D :D :rolleyes:

Yeah!!!! Thanks for posting this fabulous idea we hatched in the other thread. August 12th would work best for me, because my husband is a Park Ranger and works Saturdays during the summer. So Sunday 8/12 would be perfect.

HAHA! You can't get lost, just get on 101 and go south from Newport until you hit Yachats! But seriously, bring the BF and his dog. The more the merrier. I'm bringing my mutt, since there is just no way I'd take Ling to the beach and leave him home. Though he is supposedly 1/2 BC, we have some serious doubts about that!

Are we REALLY the only three from Oregon? Well maybe some Canadians, Washingtonians (?) or Californians will want to make the treck. Hint hint RDM, Woo would LOVE Yachats!!!!

Yeah you have no idea......... really.... I should not be allowed to drive!!! sundays are bad for me because I go to bed at 7 on them, but I am sure that one sunday of staying up late won't kill me

The BF just said YES!! we can go!!! YAY!!!!!!

on the 12th!

YAY!!!!!!!

That sounds fun, but as I'd be looking at a 20 hour round trip drive, Sunday would be a lousy day to have it, since I'd have to leave when it started to get back to work on Monday :rolleyes:

Alternatively, TDBCR will be holding its 5th Annual Hyperbowl this year in August and board members on the West Coast are more than welcome to join us :D

ETA: Stupid me - that IS the weekend of Hyperbowl, I've just been informed. So I'm sending my regrets. Sorry!

RDM

Sounds great! I love to leave for the beach around 9 or 10 in the morning!!

We will drive up Saturday night, so we'll be ready to play bright and early Sunday morning!

That sounds fun, but as I'd be looking at a 20 hour round trip drive, Sunday would be a lousy day to have it, since I'd have to leave when it started to get back to work on Monday

:rolleyes::D :D :D I'd forgotten what a long drive it is from Vancouver. That must be why I don't make it up there as much as I'd like. Vancouver Island is one of my favorite places in the world! I was hoping we'd get to meet your crew, but I understand the long drive thing.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. After I saw the pictures on the other thread, of the Oregon beach, I actually went on the Oregon Coast tourism web site and started fantasizing. It's too early to RSVP yet, but if I can get the details figured out, we will come. It would be fun to meet some of the northern contingent, and getting to meet Eve (and Grace too!) would be a nice bonus. Grace, I bet it would be waaaay cooler than Arizona.... so come!

I'm thinking I might shell out to pay for a room :rolleyes: and stay the night on saturday!

I used to go to Yachats every year with family when I still lived in Corvallis. My grandparents still do go there every year and travel from here in CA. BTW: for those that dont know the name of the town its pronounce YawHots lol. Im afraid I have a friend coming from Colorado on the 8th of August and we will be camping around Yosemite for a couple weeks. So I cant drive up there.

It's a bit of a trek for me

Oh, come now! I just drove to SF from Eugene a couple of months ago, and it's only 9 hours (8ish if you drive fast like me), then another couple from Eugene to Yachats! A 10-11 hour drive each way for short weekend and picnic seems entirely reasonable to me! :rolleyes:

Seriously, it would be great to meet you and your dogs, but the west coast is awfully big to find a place where everyone can actually make it.

I would still probably go if I didn't have prior engagements

oh, prior engagements are made to be broken! Or is that rules? Whatever, can't you tell that your brother really really needs to see you, and maybe he'd like to go to Yachats with you too! It's a very short drive from Corvalis.

If it were a week later, I might be able to get a few days off and make a trip of it, but I seriously doubt I'd be able to do the trip in a weekend. Here's hoping there will be a second annual beach picnic.

If it were over Labor Day weekend I am planning to be up in that neck of the woods anyway, for the Western Regionals:

http://users.sisqtel.net/raynamy/WSRCindex.htm

For that matter, those of you in the area might be interested in attending!

If it were over Labor Day weekend I am planning to be up in that neck of the woods anyway, for the Western Regionals:

http://users.sisqtel.net/raynamy/WSRCindex.htm

For that matter, those of you in the area might be interested in attending!

Now that I could make! I'd love to see the finals, and could even stay at my brothers home.