BC Boards

raise your hand if your working dog/border collie/kelpie does this

Sure.

Does anyone else wake up to see their dog staring intently at them, nose 3 inches above their own looming like Snoopy pretending to be a vulture?

LOL :D Holly usually puts her nose/face near mine and sort of breathes heavy with a deep snort. That's her way of saying come on ma get up. :rolleyes: Quite cute really.

Sure.

Does anyone else wake up to see their dog staring intently at them, nose 3 inches above their own looming like Snoopy pretending to be a vulture?

:rolleyes::D No, but I have a feeling that Kipp might if he wasn't crated. He does that "Snoopy stance" in his crate, watching you like a vulture!

They only do that when you're on the computer?

Missy likes it when we have family dinners - a whole table full of people she can walk around and nudge for pats.

A gentle nose?

I have a full head under my elbow conscientiously preventing me to touch the mouse or the keyboard. At least we get ride of the stage of the fully grown 27 Kg. puppy trying to sit on my lap.

LOL :D Holly usually puts her nose/face near mine and sort of breathes heavy with a deep snort. That's her way of saying come on ma get up. :rolleyes: Quite cute really.

Too funny! :D Quinn also will press his cold nose on my face probably when I don't respond to the Border Collie Mind Control Vulture routine. Once in a while he licks my eye lids like he's saying "Open them! OPEN THEM!" For as much as I'm not a morning person and hate having my sleep disturbed , I'm still smiling whenever I wake up to his happy, expectant face. Must be love, huh? :D

I have a feeling that Kipp might if he wasn't crated. He does that "Snoopy stance" in his crate, watching you like a vulture!

Oh, that's painful. :rolleyes: Quinn used to do that once in a while back when I crated him at the office. One time he stared at me for an hour straight during a meeting. It was so distracting!

On the computer- because the other 99% of the time, I am already looking at them! One thing my other Kelpie Kylie does is: when we are riding in the golf cart- it is me, then Lucy, then Kylie riding shotgun. We will be heading in a direction for a fair amount of time, and then she will turn to me (behind Lucy's head) and make direct eye contact- and touch my cheek with her nose- like she is checking in that I am okay. I have never had a dog that was that in tune with me before.

Julie

not only do i have the border stare thing when i play on the computer, but now that i am home following knee replacement surgery, i have to endure the bc stare w/VERY sad eyes coz she's terribly upset something happened to her mama. mabel AND arwen will neither one leave me alone, following my every move! this whole bc herding thing is actually quite humorous right now, except they are both fighting for my affection and attention!! :rolleyes:

some day Ellie some day I miss all of that....more than anyone except you folks would understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

A gentle nose?

I have a full head under my elbow conscientiously preventing me to touch the mouse or the keyboard. At least we get ride of the stage of the fully grown 27 Kg. puppy trying to sit on my lap.

Hmm, at what month did that happen? The little pup who fit almost in my palm, still wants to sit on my lap whenever possible.

All limbs raised here for nose nudges, kisses, sad eyes, escalating barks, etc. Computer, bathroom, reading the paper.....

Well, if continuous throwing of a toy at my feet, balancing a toy on my leg, or staring doesn't work, yeah, I get a paw or half the dog on my lap!

:rolleyes: I gotta vot for this option! lol

the Toller and Terrier on the other hand, just sort of "appear" in my lap..Electra isnt aware that she grew lol

Lu sits up and waves her paws at me and makes a coy face [among other self-taught routines], and if I make eye contact she jumps into my lap. Good thing she's dinky. And yeah, maybe I should be more strict, but screw it --- life's too short :rolleyes: The other dogs are much more polite.

Vicki Hearne wrote that pit bulls can stare more loudly than anything on earth:

Boss-PBForum.jpg

This sweetie isn't my Sneak (though he might as well be, what with the excellent chin-and-stare ploy). The photo was originally posted on the Pit Bull Forums by an animal shelter worker. She really bonded with this dog, and I'm glad to report that he's one of the lucky ones --- he found a wonderful home.

What I get are balls mathematically precisely placed in front or behind my feet, so that the second I move a quarter of an inch, I have to inevitably kick and move the balls :rolleyes:

Often I had to work hard to maintain my verticality when Ouzo decided it was time to plant balls :D He plants them, then he retreats, lays down and watches till something moves.

If I am so obnoxiously stubborn and do not move for more than 5 minutes, he comes concerned, looks at the placement of the balls, repositions them gently, without touching me, then goes back to stalking from the hallway.