BC Boards

raise your hand if your working dog/border collie/kelpie does this

Not so much the computer... but the bathroom. Good grief!! I get no peace. If I shut the door, they whine. Actually, worse than Nick is Lu, the mutt. She knows she's the love of my life (sorry, Scott), and is always *right there* She'll crawl into my lap if she thinks I'm ignoring her.

Nick will howl, coyote-style, if I stay in bed too long. The dogs are loose at night, but they can't get to the sleeping loft. They stare up at us, then whimper, then Nick pulls the coyote trick LOL!

I get the nose and the stare down too. Plus a butt on the face when I have slept to long and it's time for a game of ball :rolleyes:

I think im lucky in that Lance is very good in bed. When I go to bed he knows it's time to sleep, when I wake up, if I wake him up, he'll go back to sleep as soon as I do. He's perfect in that sense!. If I decide to take a nap he'll even nap with me with no problem at all. My kinda dog :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

My Kelpie pushes his head under my arm so that it's sitting on my lap and stares at me for ages. If I look down at him, even for a second, his tail wags like crazy. My BC pup puts one paw on my lap and stares at me, or she'll put her head on my lap. If I don't stare back at her or give her any sort of attention she'll keep moving her head around to different spots of my lap - to see which spot gets her the response she's after.

Ashe my old man will stick his VERY cold nose on any expose piece of flesh he can while I'm at the computer, he has also perfected the art of the annoying squeak. Whim the baby uses my leg as a place to brace (about 1/2 way up my calf) his toy while he's chewing on it or to get me to toss it. Meg will wing toys at me or clack her jaws and Riley while strike up a conversation full of moans, groans, yips, grumbles ect. If all else fails to get me out of the chair they all fall back on the old "harrass the cast until mom takes you to play" ploy

In the morning the dogs are pretty good, its the cats that feel breakfast should be at exactly 6am and woe betide the human that hits the snooze alarm. Chaos my Mainecoon cross and my heart kitty, hops up on the bed and with claws half sheathed will gently tap me on the cheek. That is my que to pull the sheet down and allow her to curlup partially on my pillow, partially on my arm where she licks and nibbles my hand and fingers for a bit, then moves to my chest where she licks my cheek and then nibbles and licks my other hand and enjoys a morning scratch

I have two 'Bumpers' - the Aussie more so but if I get a little gentle bump I know Roz has her ball under my computer chair - Tess is a good sleeper but Roz is my 'woo-woo" alarm clock - -

Even knowing that bumping and nudging is a dominant behavior I have yet to stop it in our house cuz I think it is cute!!Bad momma! :rolleyes:

Kessie will occasionally poke me in the side with her nose if I'm being very boring, but normally she leaves me alone while we're at home (not that I'd mind some attention...). But she can be really persistant with my mum (more interesting since she isn't around all day like I mostly am). She'll sit in front of her laptop in the living room, and Kessie will place herself between the couch and the table and use her head to vehemently lever the mouse hand upwards whenever it reaches for the mouse :rolleyes:.

Kyla sometimes brings a toy and bumps it against my thigh if I'm sitting on a chair. She also - adorably - bumps toys on top of Kessie's head if Kessie is lying around being a bore :D.

Clover will come over and put her head in my lap when I'm on the computer and look up at me... Pepper and the puppies are too short and they'll come and stand up on their hind legs to say hello.

I have a cat that used to wake me up in the mornings by trying to (gently) eat my eyelashes and batted at them with her paw (claws in). It was soooooo cute and since she never once hurt me doing it I never made her stop... she just kind of grew out of it as she got older.

Meg does this all the time - not on the computer, because I use it with Jessie in the office and the door closed. But in the car and the house, she "checks in" frequently with little nudges and kisses. I think she just wants to maintain the bond. She's not impatient and she doesn't want anything, she's just saying "here I am, we're still together".

Steward Robbins

Oh my goodness speaking of waking up to a dog face right there. The other night I was watching a show called "When good pets go bad" lol but anyway in the middle of the night I must have been having a bad dream or maybe talking in my sleep, Luke NEVER gets on the bed, but I remebered a little bit of my dream right before I opened my eye's, I was dreaming of getting attacked by a dog lol well my eyes came open and Lukes nose was right to mine and it scared the living pajeezus outta me and of course that scared Luke lol. I felt bad for Luke, I am sure he just got up there because I was dreaming bad and he wanted to make sure things were ok but then he thought he was in trouble poor guy

Lol anyway, my hand is raised for sure, Luke is staring at me as I type this!

Tara