BC Boards

Mary B: Status 3/16/05

Update:

The surgeon decided that surgery needed to be performed no matter what the biopsy results were so they decided not to do the biopsy. Mary wants to go home for the surgery and should find out today if transportation can be obtained. Once the decision has been made where surgery will be performed I'll post an address for cards.

Mark

Update 3/01/05:

Mary is not able to get transportation home. The docs want to move her to a teaching hospital in Gainesville (probabaly Shands) for better care (more knowledgeable docs).

She has nausea, diarrhea, and fever that the docs do not believe are related to the enlarged pancreas but are not able to diagnose or control. Yesterday she had elevated creatine levels (poor kidney function). She is not stable enough for surgery.

Once she has been moved I will post an address.

Mark

I've been getting reports that Mary will not be transferred to Gainesville; the surgery will be performed where she is. I have not heard when it is scheduled. I am in the process of getting an address and will post it when I have it.

Thanks to Sue Asten I have.... surgery is scheduled tentatively for next Tuesday. They have to get her kidney function and fever stabilized first.

Mark

This is off Sheepdog-l by Cathy Balan and sums up what I know from talking with Mary. Mary did make a comment that she would prefer cards over phone calls due to the increasing number of daily calls.

Mark

Mary will be staying in Palm Bay Comm. Hosp and having the surgery on Tues

the 8th....(as it stands today)...the doctors consulted others doc's and

found that she didn't need to be transferred.....since she isn't being

transferred she is ready to accept cards and flowers....

it will not be confirmed if she has cancer till they remove the tumor..she

was close to kidney failure which was due to combination of medications and

her kidney function is now better.....they are getting her stable for the

surgery....she is still on the morphine pump for pain and is unable to eat

anything due to vomiting and diarrhea.....

will keep the list update...

Cathy

Hi all -

Spoke briefly with Mary this morning and she's feeling some better. Temperature is normal at the moment. Dick Williams was visiting with her when I called so she had company.

I told her she's in everyone's thoughts and prayers. Keep em comin!

Woops - forgot to mention...

I snooped around about the message posting function to see if Mary's gotten any of the messages people have sent, and she hadn't as of about 10:30 this morning. The instructions said it could take 24 hours.

Won't she be pleasantly surprised!