BC Boards

Muster Dogs season 2

It's funny you said that.  I know all the reality shows manipulate -- because, actually, if they just went with straight video it would probably be boring.  So at the very beginning, I was thinking "I'll bet Lu turns out to be the star in the end."  But then as it progressed, I figured that wouldn't happen.  I'm not as generous as you.  When I saw how well Lu did at the finale, I did not think Rob came through on the training.  I thought, "well, there you go!  Good breeding shines through, despite the handling."  :lol:  I also agreed with Rob's decision to let him go.  What I really would have liked to see is someone like Neil training him from the very beginning.  I'd bet he'd be awesome.  Ah, crap, Lawgirl was right.  I AM a sucker for those bad boys! :P

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/18/2022 at 9:20 PM, gcv-border said:

On another note: does anyone know if the pups were given to the handlers for free in (partial?) payment for being on the show?

All I could find on line was this line from an article about Joni: 

"The kelpie was given to Hall as part of a new documentary series set to air on ABC on Sunday, called Muster Dogs."

That makes it sound like the pups were given to them.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, Lawgirl said:

Another article about the first season of Muster Dogs, with a tiny hint of season 2 at the end, and maybe a season 3?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-05/pinnaroo-trainer-peter-barr-reflects-on-life-after-muster-dogs/101498778

Hi Lawgirl

Does anybody know whatever happened to Season 2 that was supposed to feature Border Collies?  Did it happen?  Will there be another series?  Was just thinking about it and wondering.

Thanks!

beachdogz, I was actually thinking the same thing last week, and did a bit of googling.  I have not found anything new, but when I thought about it, they put out a call for participants in May 2022, then selection of candidates, puppies being born, then 9+ months of training and filming, before you even get to editing, voiceover, music etc

I would be surprised if we saw anything before early 2024 :(

• 3 weeks later...

Something must be right with the timing - the narrator of Muster Dogs also is a morning TV presenter on Australia's ABC, and she confirmed on air this morning that Muster Dogs Season 2 is in full swing, and she even shared a photo of the BC puppies who will be starring.  There were several white-face or half white face, I think one blue merle and the more classic black and whites.

She is taking time off to write a book about Muster Dogs, which will be released along with the new season next year.  I am hoping they release it around the same time as Season 1, which was in January.

Have not been able to find a copy of the BC puppies photo, but will keep you informed

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im from Australia I watched this it was cool, it will be interesting to see border collies! I am a dog trainer but not for herding just a fan and watcher of that! (even though I live in the country on an acre )

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who has not watched it, Muster Dogs Season 1 is now available on Netflix UK and USA.  I hope that means they will pick up Season 2 as well.  People may need to rewatch it to make it an attractive idea.  It is pretty good for kids as well, I think. Spread the word!

On 6/4/2023 at 8:59 PM, Lawgirl said:

For anyone who has not watched it, Muster Dogs Season 1 is now available on Netflix UK and USA.  I hope that means they will pick up Season 2 as well.  People may need to rewatch it to make it an attractive idea.  It is pretty good for kids as well, I think. Spread the word!

Ooooh. Thanks. May watch it again!

And yes, I hope Netflix picks up Season 2 - with a shorter lag time. 

• 3 months later...

I have also previously mentioned that the narrator of Muster Dogs was writing a book about the experience, and I just found this link to her book, due for publishing in Australia on 17 January 2024.  As she talks about season 2 in her book, I am going to assume that the show will be released in Australia before or at the same time as the book.  I have not been able to find an official release date for the show, but this has to be a clue.

https://www.harpercollins.com.au/9781460716656/muster-dogs-from-pups-to-pros/

• 2 months later...