BC Boards

Leaving your BC outside of shops.

Hi Guys - whats everyones thoughts about leaving your BC outside of shops for 5 minutes whilst you pop in to grab something quickly?

I always worry, which is why i made a lockable dog lead and harness, so when i take my dog to the shops i can leave them safe in the knowledge no one will walk off with them.

Whats everyone else think? do you worry?

This is the website if you want to see the products.

www.safely-secured.com

nStniBrYNb-family-jpg.jpg

I wouldn't leave any dog restrained alone in a public place. A couple of my dogs would be have been really upset if they were restrained and a stranger reached out to touch them.  A couple sirens flashing by would have upset another previous dog.  The other side of it is that some people are not trustworthy. I'll never forget the time a man walked approached me and my bc at the time, years ago. I asked the man to back away, my dog didn't like strangers. 'Oh, dogs LOVE me,' he replied and kept on coming. Luckily I already had a tight hold on the leash and knew what was going to happen. The man lunged for the dog just as I was saying 'PLEASE DON'T' and was already turning the dog towards me and walking away. Dog turned around and snarled at the man.

There are enough clueless and even unkind people in the world that I wouldn't take the chance.

Ruth & Gibbs

10 hours ago, Flora & Molly said:

That is pretty cool! I recently put the lead through the lock on my bike to feel a bit more secure. Still, I really only leave her outside stores where I can see her, because I still worry. 
Pretty sure she would go with anyone as she is so friendly.

Thats also a really good trick to give yourself a bit of added protection!

5 hours ago, urge to herd said:

I wouldn't leave any dog restrained alone in a public place. A couple of my dogs would be have been really upset if they were restrained and a stranger reached out to touch them.  A couple sirens flashing by would have upset another previous dog.  The other side of it is that some people are not trustworthy. I'll never forget the time a man walked approached me and my bc at the time, years ago. I asked the man to back away, my dog didn't like strangers. 'Oh, dogs LOVE me,' he replied and kept on coming. Luckily I already had a tight hold on the leash and knew what was going to happen. The man lunged for the dog just as I was saying 'PLEASE DON'T' and was already turning the dog towards me and walking away. Dog turned around and snarled at the man.

There are enough clueless and even unkind people in the world that I wouldn't take the chance.

Ruth & Gibbs

Yes its a sad world we live in unfortunately and there are always strange people out there you need to be careful of 

I would never, under any circumstances, leave my dog outside a store, no matter the method of preventing theft! That's not the only thing that can happen to a dog when unprotected and confined. Human beings are cruel and someone could hurt or even kill your dog, give poisoned food or chocolate, you never know what people will do. I value my dogs way too much to take such a chance with them. Even a very short time is enough for someone to slip something to your dog or to kick or hit him.