BC Boards

Shonie - 2nd Update

urge to herd

It's been 11 days or so since our Princess woke up with Vestibular Disorder, and she's doing great. This morning, she trotted up the 4 stairs into the house with no help balancing. WooHOOOOO!

Being a Princess, she's decided she likes being hand fed, and I'm inclined to indulge her a bit, given that she's elderly, and creaky, and is probably still at least a little dizzy.

She still has a pronounced head tilt to the left, but hopefully that will go away as well.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Ruth and Her Highness, Princess Shoshone

That's good news. Hand-feeding? I vote for totally spoiling her!

If we spoiled her much more, she'd start to smell :rolleyes: Oh, and I forgot to mention, she picked up a tennis ball at the park yesterday morning - something she hasn't done since The Incident. A big time WoooHoooooooo for this, too!

Ruth

She still has a pronounced head tilt to the left, but hopefully that will go away as well.

Ruth and Her Highness, Princess Shoshone

Years ago we had an old male Belgian Sheepdog that had 3 Vestibular episodes. The first one was by far the worst, but he did fully recover from all the episodes, with the exception of a slight head tilt. I thought it was really quite cute because he always looked like he was asking us 'What did you say?'-LOL...

Best wishes to Her Highness=)

Janet

Archived