BC Boards

This is CRAZY!!!!

thats nuts!!
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows what each of us would do in the same situation? Heroes are not born; they are ordinary people placed in extraordinary circumstances, and given the unique opportunity to become the people they had always wished they could be.

Originally posted by BustopherJones:

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows what each of us would do in the same situation? Heroes are not born; they are ordinary people placed in extraordinary circumstances, and given the unique opportunity to become the people they had always wished they could be.

That is exactly right! When something like this happens, you don't think, you just do what you need to do.

Good thing it didn't go after the BC. I could just see the gator trying to get it and the BC playing "tag"!

Okay, okay, sick humor! I already admit it!

Ha I read that today, and was thinking, I probabaly wouldnt' think twice if that bad boy had Liz or Mike, but...what the hell do you do after he drops the pooch? I mean do ya ride him around till you get a chance to 'dismount'? That must have been one hell of a drawer messer upper LOL.

Oh my God! Put that on the list of "what have you done for your dog!"

I agree with Bustopher Jones! it's amazing how your adrenaline takes over in life and death situations....

WOW! I am still picturing it happening :eek:

Kudos to Mr. Rubin I have no doubt in my mind i'd of done the same thing. (of course I'd of shot the darn gator) But the thing about this story that jumped out at me is his BC's name! My 1st BC was named Frisbee A.K.A Foo. So of course I got a little vaklemped! Darn i miss the ol' girl :rolleyes: *Runs over and hugs Sydney and Zag*

Got to admit that we made lots of trips to the area just north of West Palm when my husband's folks lived in Palm City. We thought it was cute that small alligators swam in the creek behind their house.

However, they thought it was really stupid that the woman across the creek took her little poodle out every mornng and evening to put out food for the ducks and aningas. The woman was horrified when warned about alligators. She hadn't put anything out for them!

Sort of like where my brother lives in northern New Hampshire. Now is when you do nt even think of putting out bird food. THe bears don't read the labels.

Wal-mart has a distribution center in Ft.Pierce FL. I had to go to it. Once. I get to the guard shack and while waiting for him to do his thing, I see notices up saying to watch out for gators. I kinda laughed and told the guard, your kidding, right? He said, well, he thinks they got them all. He's not sure. Great. I go drop my loaded trailer, and then go find my empty trailer to hook up. Where is it? Backed up, almost to the edge of a HUGE pond! This is like 3-4 A.M.!! No one around! It is the fastest I ever hooked up! No pre-trip! Uh uh! I did that at the guard shack! Creepy feeling I will tell you! I'd crank the landing gear a couple of turns, stop and listen. Crank some more, my flash going every where! If someone would have come up behind me, that maglight would have been inbedded in his head!

One of the first things I was told, fifteen years ago when I moved here from the mountains to gator country, was to never, ever chain up my dog in the yard. (Not that I would anyway.) Dogs are supposed to be high on the list of favorite gator treats! :eek:

So are marshmallows, for some reason. We have an awful time with tourists throwing marshmallows into the water with gators - imagine the surprise waiting for the next poor tourist to plop a fishing bob into the creek. :rolleyes: