BC Boards

NC BC Picnic?

Has a date been set for the annual NC BC Picnic at Becca's? I think we'd mentioned the end of July, but nothing was definite.

I put that out there but no one really commented. Anyone? I'm open to about anything. We will be going somewhere for our anniversary around that time but I've nothing else going on after the second week of July.

Laura, while the 18th sounds fine, I don't think that cool would be the right term! I'm rather hoping that the pond at the new place is people-friendly. Fergie & I are old ladies these days.

I could also make the 25th. But I'd have to watch the time. Our step-granddaughter is in a production of Midsummer Night's Dream this summer, and that is the evening when the whole family is going. This is a really impressive group out of Carborro, performing on the UNC campus. All actors are under 18 - and you'd swear they were pros.

If by "people friendly" you mean swimming, then not so much. It's kinda icky. Not too icky for dogs, but I don't want to go in. We might be albe to wrangle boats though for anyone who wants to paddle around or fish. The woods are gorgeous and there's a nice open trail up to a big field.

There's tons of shade in the yard though. A porch and a covered patio (an ex-carport). It's not as picturesque as our previous place but in a lot of ways it's more convenient. Like the bathroom is in the house that's in the same yard where we'll be. :rolleyes:

Okay, so the 18th. That's coming up quick so we'll need a headcount!! Let's talk food!

well, I hate to miss it you guys, darn it, but nancy, if ya want to go swimming, we could always move it to my back yard. LOL

the water this weekend was 72 degrees.

post-7917-1246437313_thumb.jpg

post-7917-1246437429_thumb.jpg

Hey Darci

Maybe we need to start an annual Western picnic.

Those pictures are beautiful!

I can cook too, but need to get my new house up before I have a stove to do it on! :rolleyes:

How's your transition going? Happy you're back?

I've always been jealous of the people that get to go to the NC picnic. Never been close enough to attend.

But do love hearing about them.

Our first picnic was started by a woman from Texas. So "Y'all come down!"

You westerners would just love the humidity.

I want to swim in that lake. It's both blue and warm. The blue lakes I know (in New England and Yorkshire) are anything but warm. And the warm lakes down here are both brown and opaque.

You westerners would just love the humidity

One of the few things I REALLY don't miss about being down south or even east!

Texas....nice place to visit...in the winter!

Hey Darci

Maybe we need to start an annual Western picnic.

Those pictures are beautiful!

I can cook too, but need to get my new house up before I have a stove to do it on! :rolleyes:

How's your transition going? Happy you're back?

I've always been jealous of the people that get to go to the NC picnic. Never been close enough to attend.

But do love hearing about them.

I think your right Kristen. We need to put our heads together and do that, but Sept Oct would be a good time round here, not to hot, not to cold.

The transistion is over, settled in and having a blast! So happy to be back home.

Laura and I were talking about all of us getting together for a working day here soon, we will have to get to actually planning it instead of just talking bout it! Take a look at your calenders and we'll see what we can finagle. Im sure I'll see ya'll at Meeker, are either of ya heading in for Soldier hollow?

Sept or Oct would be great. I still don't have my house here yet so everything is on hold. Till I get that in, no fencing for us. (the truck guys need open fences)

I'll def. be at Meeker but not to sure bout soldier hollow.

So glad you happy and settled. Nice to be home! I sure hope I get that feeling soon.

I've got my parents coming in a few weeks (the house was supposed to be done) and then my daughter just told me 2 nights ago that she and her current boyfriend along with her 2 yr old son will be coming up at the end of July. They decided to get married here, so now I have to work something out. I'm happy for them but being so new to the area, it's gonna be a chore to figure out what to do for them. It'll be just them and us so no a big deal. No dressing up. That's a big plus, but the biggest plus will be when they fly out of here and leave my grandson with me for a few days while the go HM in Vegas. I can't wait to see my little GS and spend time alone with him. I've never got to do that. I sure hope it goes as good as it's planned in my head!

So you guys pick a date and I'll be there, I'm not working so way more flexilbe than most.

Looking forward to our first annual western gathering.

If our NC picnic is in two weeks, what planning do we need?

I can bring spinach ricotta pie (if you aren't tired of that) and whities for dessert. Or I can make something else. Heck, look at our family cookbook and see what I know how to do.

What time should we arrive? And where is the new farm? If it's just further down the road, put something on the mailbox - a lamb? - to let us know where.

Gosh I wish I could attend, but I have to work all day on Saturdays - you all need to schedule one on a Sunday every once in a while. :rolleyes:

I certainly wouldn't mind moving it to Sunday the 19th. I go to the 8 o'clock service - have since I was about 8.

No can do Sundays. Patrick's on call to preach - pray for my pastor to get his kidney/pancreas transplant soon so we can get some Sundays off! :rolleyes: