BC Boards

NC BC Picnic?

Tennessee ladies,

I know it's a ways off, but Jan Thompson will be having a sheepdog trial Oct. 23-25 in Limestone, TN. I'm betting that a number of us will be there for the trial (I know I'll be there because I'm setting sheep). I think we should plan a get-together or meet up then. I'd love to see you again Karen, and I'd love to meet Joan too! (That's not to say you can't have a picnic before then, but mark your calendars for that date, because us Tarheels with big sticks will be coming! :rolleyes: )

J.

Hi Jackie! You'll love the new place - very cozy. It's just up the road, just a minute past the old place - e-mail me if you need exact directions (also anyone else).

Tennessee ladies,

I know it's a ways off, but Jan Thompson will be having a sheepdog trial Oct. 23-25 in Limestone, TN.

Darn, no can do on that weekend. I have Angie here for the weekend doing a clinic and then we're playing for a few days.

Can we plan an invasion for a different weekend?

So, how many of us can make it? Maybe we should postpone it a bit - after Julie's Chris has the puppies. I can arrange to come about any time. Benefit of no job and no farm.

Tennessee ladies,

I know it's a ways off, but Jan Thompson will be having a sheepdog trial Oct. 23-25 in Limestone, TN. I'm betting that a number of us will be there for the trial (I know I'll be there because I'm setting sheep). I think we should plan a get-together or meet up then. I'd love to see you again Karen, and I'd love to meet Joan too! (That's not to say you can't have a picnic before then, but mark your calendars for that date, because us Tarheels with big sticks will be coming! :rolleyes: )

J.

I did the scribing for her trial last year - I wonder if she'd let me back this year? If so, could a West Virginian join the Tennesseans and North Carolinians for a dinner?

Hey Sue,

Unless you somehow managed to behave very badly, I can't imagine Jan not welcoming you back! :rolleyes: Volunteers are always highly prized. Dan is course director, and I can let him know you're interested in helping out or just put you in touch with him directly. And of course if you're there, you'd be welcome at dinner or any other gathering.

J.

I would be happy to do any sort of work that Dan felt I was capable of. Of course, you understand, that virtually no one lets me work with sheep, just with paper and pencil, or zip ties and tarps...

Since this thread has been pretty much about people meeting OTHER places, I'm thinking I agree with Nancy. :rolleyes: Maybe a bit later? The heat doesn't matter much as there's tons of shade here and I doubt it will top the temps we're already seeing (nineties).

It looks like it would have to be middle of Aug - or later this fall, like after the finals. I'd sincerely hope we wouldn't be facing the Sunday scheduling problem by then (being optimistic!), so it would be fine to say, one o-clock on the 16th.

Is that still too quick for everyone?

So, have we moved the date for the NC BC picnic?

If not, I have to plan to cook.

If so, I can plan to take the grandgirls to pick out curtain materials for their rooms at Eno River State Park.

I'm going to start a new thread, but yes, no go on the NC BC picnic for now. I'm looking at late fall probably after trial season starts winding down.

I suspect the dogs will appreciate cooler weather. I know I will.

So the grandgirls and I can go find curtain material next Saturday.

Who knows. Maybe in the fall, I can bring the grandgirls, my daughter, and their "rotweiller-lab mix" - who sure looks and sounds like a genuine long-legged hound.

So, how many of us can make it? Maybe we should postpone it a bit - after Julie's Chris has the puppies. I can arrange to come about any time. Benefit of no job and no farm.

Julies Chris?? Nancy, do you know some thing I dont know?? Or, do you not know what i know?? Chris is still mine, unless Julie has decided to kidnap her. Then, Id def be crashing the party! LOL

Darci's Chris is a lithe, fast little thing. Julie's Chris looks so cute, like a black and white and tan Haas avocado.

Early in this thread, Julie wrote - about July 18:

Any time after that and I may well be home with Chris having puppies

On first reading, my brain told me that Julie was having puppies.

Nancy,

If I had puppies I'd certainly be famous and off getting rich selling my story and doing the talk show circuit.

J.

I would pay to see that at the State Fair!!! :rolleyes::D:D

ETA: DH would watch a reality show about it......might as well, since he watches all the others!

Nancy,

If I had puppies I'd certainly be famous and off getting rich selling my story and doing the talk show circuit.

Darci,

Glad to see you've surfaced.

J.

Oh Im still around, gotta keep my eye on you gals, and take a quick peek in every now and then to see whatz up!

Big wave to the "NC crew" (lol some of you that know what Im picking at, should get a kick outta that! LOL)

Glad to hear Chris is taking things easy and enjoying herself, still, she needs to hurry up and get back here and get to work. (being my buddy! LOL) I miss her bad.