BC Boards

Anyone want to share sponsoring a team at Nat Finals

Sue R

I would love to sponsor a dog/handler team at this year's National Finals but don't have $125 to spend. Would anyone like to go in on a sponsorship? Five of us could each chip in $25 and contribute to the Finals and support the working Border Collie.

Let me know here or by private email at susan.rayburn @ gmail.com (remove spaces, of course).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ladies rock! I will make out a check and send it in with all our names. The sponsorships are done by drawing this year and so we will get the luck of the draw (although I could request maybe?).

My address is Sue Rayburn, Rt 1 Box A39, Bruceton Mills WV 26525. I'll have it in the mail tomorrow and attribute it to Joan, Diane, Karen, Carolyn, and Sue (I'll send in the last names, too, but sometimes space in the program is limited for a "consortium").

If more folks are interested, maybe they could set up additional group sponsorships. I'd be willing to do it IF they were additional folks here that I felt I could trust to come through.

You ladies rock! I will make out a check and send it in with all our names. The sponsorships are done by drawing this year and so we will get the luck of the draw (although I could request maybe?).

My address is Sue Rayburn, Rt 1 Box A39, Bruceton Mills WV 26525. I'll have it in the mail tomorrow and attribute it to Joan, Diane, Karen, Carolyn, and Sue (I'll send in the last names, too, but sometimes space in the program is limited for a "consortium").

If more folks are interested, maybe they could set up additional group sponsorships. I'd be willing to do it IF they were additional folks here that I felt I could trust to come through.

Sue,

I'll get my money out to you tomorrow ( Monday). Thanks for coordinating this sponsorship.

On the Finals subject--is anyone going from the BC board, either a a competitor or spectator? I do see a few names I recognize from this board, but don't really know most folks here. My Lyn is going with Suzy Applegate but I m not going to go. We traded dogs this year and I have her retired Open dog Bet and have been able to trial her a few times in the P/N .

Carolyn

Guest herbertholmes

If anyone else is interested. I will get matching funds starting with the one you have already done. So I will seel an additional $125 sponsorsip. I will sell an additional three if you guys can sell three more as well. Who knows, we might do better than that if we all hustle it. Herbert Holmes

That's a super USBCHA President for you! Thanks, Mr. Holmes!

Right now, we have "pledges" for two full sponsorships, lacking only another $25 commitment to make it two. And, with you making it four, that's great.

Anybody else want to chip in? I'll coordinate as I get commitments from people who are wanting, willing, and able to show support for the working Border Collie and our national showcase for the best of the dogs and handlers.

Will you count me in? I would love to help. Let me know if you want cash or check or money order. I can send it in tomorrows mail. Thanks Sue for getting this going! And thanks Mr. Holmes!

One day I will get to see a national championship. Till, then this will have to do.

Hi Carolyn,

I'm going Thursday through Sunday and will be scribing. Can't wait!

On the Finals subject--is anyone going from the BC board, either a a competitor or spectator? I do see a few names I recognize from this board, but don't really know most folks here. My Lyn is going with Suzy Applegate but I m not going to go. We traded dogs this year and I have her retired Open dog Bet and have been able to trial her a few times in the P/N .

Carolyn

Geri Byrne, Amy Coapman, Ellen Skillings, Lana Rowley and I are splitting a sponsorship under the name of "2009 USBCHA National Finals, Klamath Falls".

Perhaps the 2010 Hosts would like to ante up?

I've also pitched the idea to our regional sheepdog society.....I think everyone should consider hitting up their own regional club for sponsorship or, again, organize a consortium.

Figure out what you can afford and start calling friends to make up the difference.

Laura and Dixie Girl - If you get three more to join, that will make three times two for a total of six (and, if the 2009 committee is matched by the 2010 committee, that would make eight more sponsorships for a total of $1000!).

I've sent out some emails and hope to maybe get another together if I get positive responses. As Elizabeth said, get hold of your friends in the Border Collie community (and outside, as well) and see what a difference we all can make!

Guest herbertholmes

The only problem with any of this is you nice people calling me Mr Holmes.

that was my Grandfathers name. Mine is Herbert or Hub, or hey idiot, or something along those lines. Herbert

As of now, and I'm heading to bed as this is going to be a really big work week, we have 14 commitments at $25 each. My hubby chipped in one, so did a daughter (thanks, Lisa!), and another Border Collie friend, and one of the above volunteers is being extra-generous. Just one more, and we will have three full sponsorships.

Laura - Thank you, and you and Dixie Girl are welcome to send your checks to me and join a group or come up with one on your own and send in your own form.

Cindy - I missed your post and thank you! My mailing address is in one of the earlier posts.

For all - I've printed out the forms and am willing to send them (with our names on them) and my check to cover tomorrow as long as you folks are willing to send me your checks tomorrow as well. I would not anticipate getting them into the bank before Friday, if that would make any difference to anyone.

Email me privately if you have any concerns ( susan.rayburn @ gmail.com ) or need to work anything out. If you can get any other contributors, the more, the merrier!

I forgot to mention, if you all trust me (I could give references), make the checks out to me and I will make a check to cover all the sponsorships, and send them in tomorrow. If you'd rather, make it out to "USBCHA", and I'll send it in with the forms but that will mean that I can't send in each form until I've received all the checks for that form. Your choice. Either way, your name will appear on the sponsorship that your check goes with.

This is just super you guys! Thanks so much for the support towards the finals. If you have any questions, just holler.

If you'd like your names listed in the program we really need to have the sponsorship's no later than Thursday of this week. We'll continue to take sponsorship's up to September 5th and names will be announced with "your" team as well as being listed on the website.

Also, we give 2 tickets for the entire trial to each sponsorship. So, if your doing it as a group would you please let me know who you want those sent to?

Thanks again!