BC Boards

Anyone want to share sponsoring a team at Nat Finals

Sue R

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sue-

That is great that you and Herbert each got four sponsorships. I am presuming that you received my check that I sent out on Tuesday then.

Kathy Flynn

SE Minnesota

Today's mail included Julie, Kathy, Carolyn, and Joan McG's envelopes. Thanks, ladies!

Carolyn - You win in the neat stationery department. Nothing like a great photo of you and your dog competing in Finals to adorn your notecard!

Deb M - Terrific return address stickers with your dogs on them!

And today's mail brought checks from Joan C (TN) and Laura H (KY).

Laura E (CO) - Yours has not yet arrived but I expect it will be here on Monday.

Ladies - Notice that we (with the exception of my hubby, who did volunteer to chip in on his own and without my prompting) are all women? Poor Ed, a lone male among all these women! Hmm, maybe that's why he's had a smile on his face lately...

What a wonderful response to my original post (and listing on Sheepdog-L) and what a generous and caring bunch of dog-ladies!

I've received one unexpected $25 and an offer for another. If three more people decide to "sign on", we could get a fifth sponsorship...

Today's mail included Julie, Kathy, Carolyn, and Joan McG's envelopes. Thanks, ladies!

Carolyn - You win in the neat stationery department. Nothing like a great photo of you and your dog competing in Finals to adorn your notecard!

Hi Sue,

Sadly I am not near good enough to be trialing my dog in the Nat'ls, or anywhere in the Open as yet, but that photo is of her at the Nursery in 06 with Suzy Applegate. The person in the photo is our fellow lister Anna, as she did all the setting out for the Nursery . It's hard to see with all the smoke from fires then, but that is Mt Shasta in the background, although hard to see. My goal is to be able to move up with Lyn in the future.

Thanks so much for all your organization in getting these sponsors.

Carolyn

If anyone who is part of these sponsorships needs a ticket or two, we have several earmarked for sponsors that you could have. So far, I only know that Laura E is going but, as a volunteer, she should not need a ticket.

If any of you are going and need one (or two), please let me know ASAP as they are being mailed out Tuesday. I would need your mailing address so Laura Hicks could send them directly.

If no one needs one, they can save time and postage by not sending any at all. You ladies are great!

Sue

Thanks, Linda, but I've only had two takers for that and I am extended as far as I can go on this. However, if something comes up and I get two more offers, I'll let you know.

Maybe next year, I'll get my act together earlier and we can have a greater impact and provide more help for the Finals.

Hi Sue,

I haven't been offered a free ticket for volunteering, so I'd like one if possible. Thanks.

Also, you definitely should get my check on Monday--I mailed it out sometime in the middle of last week.

If anyone who is part of these sponsorships needs a ticket or two, we have several earmarked for sponsors that you could have. So far, I only know that Laura E is going but, as a volunteer, she should not need a ticket.

If any of you are going and need one (or two), please let me know ASAP as they are being mailed out Tuesday. I would need your mailing address so Laura Hicks could send them directly.

If no one needs one, they can save time and postage by not sending any at all. You ladies are great!

Sue

Laura - In my extremely limited experience (one Finals only), volunteers get a badge and have free admission. If you don't, I can have Laura mail you a ticket directly. I'll email her and find out for you, and let you know.

Linda - The bigger, the better. On to 2009! With an attitude like yours, it should work out even better next year.

Sure, do you just want one? I'll have Laura mail it directly. I'll send her an email now.

I didn't mean to be refusing to do so, just that volunteers do not need a ticket, and so I did not think you would want one if you didn't need it.

Sorry.

PS - I already heard back from Laura and she will be sending it directly. No problem! I also got your check today, and thank you!

I know just how you feel as I was quite concerned about the cost of tickets for the 2007 Finals when I was going to be there every day to volunteer, and it was costing me enough already.

Laura will be sending it out to you directly.

I understand crabby. It is one of my specialties. Just ask my poor, long-suffering husband.

• 1 month later...
Guest herbertholmes

Thanks to all of you for chipping in on the dog sponsorships. Each contribution helps out with the financial well being of the national finals. We all owe Laura Hicks and Renee Labree a huge thank you for donating what amounted to months of their time in putting the finals togather. they also drafted a large number of voulunteer's who made the thing work. THANK YOU to all, Herbert Holmes

Yes, a big hand to Laura and Renee, and their army of volunteers!!! We would not have local trials, much less anything on the scope of a National Finals without capable, competent, and (most importantly) willing volunteers to lend time, resources, and expertise.

And, thank you, Hub, for matching our sponsorships so that our contributions were doubled by yours and your friends. I am looking forward to making the effort to solicit sponsorships next year, and do better than this year, if possible.