BC Boards

Anyone want to share sponsoring a team at Nat Finals

Sue R

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laura Carson and Dixie Girl - I know if you get a group and send it to me, Herbert will get matching funds. But do whatever will work best for you. We have 13 commitments (13 x $25) and also one who may join (from Sheepdog-L). If she can bring in a friend or another commits, we will have enough for 3 full sponsorships and I will be able to send all in with forms and checks as soon as I've gotten the commitments.

If folks will make out the checks to me, I will send my own check off to cover right away. If they want to make them out to USBCHA, I will have to wait for the checks to arrive to send them off with a form and we may miss the deadline for being in the program (but will still be announced as sponsors when the team runs and be eligible for the jackpot).

Let me know and thank you!

Sue

By the way, if you are one of "my" sponsor contributors, please let me know if you are going to the Finals and give me a mailing address that we can have one or two of the complimentary tickets mailed to you as most of us are not able to use them.

You've got it, Laura! The info on sending a check to me (made out to me would be most convenient for me sending the sponsorships out tomorrow) is in a previous post. Also, I'd like a last name for the program so you can please private message or email that to me, if you don't mind.

I also need a last name for Dixie Girl (Linda) and state locations for Carolyn Crocker and Cindy Evans (for the program) so you can email or pm me.

This allows me to send all three sponsorships out tomorrow!

Herbert - They will be in the mail tomorrow so we'll be looking forward to the matching sponsorships!

You've got it, Laura! The info on sending a check to me (made out to me would be most convenient for me sending the sponsorships out tomorrow) is in a previous post. Also, I'd like a last name for the program so you can please private message or email that to me, if you don't mind.

I also need a last name for Dixie Girl (Linda) and state locations for Carolyn Crocker and Cindy Evans (for the program) so you can email or pm me.

This allows me to send all three sponsorships out tomorrow!

Herbert - They will be in the mail tomorrow so we'll be looking forward to the matching sponsorships!

Hi Sue,

My info

I am from Livermore, CA. I unfortunately will not be attending the finals so will not need tickets.

However , if anyone from our sponsorship groups is going and will be there the first day Tues, my Lyn will be running with Suzy Applegate ( drew up 12th in the Open). I would love a report......Lyn is a small, tri female who issomewhat whippity ( if that's a word) looking.

Carolyn

Here's today's update - I have three completed sponsorships that are going out in today's mail. I have a fourth that has three donors, I need at least one more $25 if anyone knows anyone who'd like to participate and, if I can get that fourth donor, I will chip in the last $25 if that what it takes to make that happen and get that fourth sponsorship in tomorrow's mail.

If you've made a commitment and haven't yet sent me a check, please do as I am sending out three of the four sponsorships with my personal check today, and hope to have the fourth in the mail by tomorrow.

I am just so gratified at how many of you wonderful ladies have stepped up to show support for the dogs! What a wonderful bunch you are!

Dear (!) Julie - I am still looking for one (or two) to finish the fourth sponsorship. Can I guess the name and location of a potential contributor?

I think I have the fourth participant in this one and yours would make if complete. Our four full sponsorships, doubled by Herbert's offer, will mean a cool $1000 (after payout, $800 for the Finals).

Guest herbertholmes

I sold 4 today, and will try do do 4 more before leaving for soldier hollow. I want to thank all of you for working on this. I am fortunate to be living in oil and gas field country, so our local economy is booming, making it it easier for me to get some money. (plus blackmailing friends and family) Herbert

Thanks, Cindy.

Thank you, Julie! I expect to send off the fourth sponsorship tomorrow. I have another person who's offered and I'm just waiting to hear back from her. Either way, we will have a fourth one covered.

A huge THANKS to Herbert Holmes, President of the USBCHA, who has matched our four sponsorships with four that he has sold (and maybe tripled our four if he sells four more)! So something good is coming out of the current economy for someone, and the dogs will benefit.

Thank you all very, very much!

Hey Sue,

The check is in the mail (don't you just love saying that?). Let me know if you don't receive it by week's end, because I have mailed it from work here in Durham (which I'm hoping will be faster, but you never know).

I put a note in there for you, and I'll say it here as well. I am contributing as a sort of "Pay it Forward" thank you for the folks (namely Sue, Rachel, Laura, and Lisa) who have sponsored me at past finals and at the Bluegrass. Thanks ladies!

Julie

Why, thanks, Julie!

Actually, it was you running in the Bluegrass and Finals last year and the group of us wanting to show our support for a great friend and advisor, that gave us the idea of "teaming up" to sponsor a favorite "team". When I saw that they were offering sponsorships again this year at Finals, I remembered how much fun it was to get some friends together and do something nice for someone who's done many nice things for the rest of us, and thought I'd give it a try.

So, I guess we all have you to thank for all these generous sponsorships that have just been raised! I am sending out the fourth (and probably final) sponsorship check tomorrow, as I got the last commitment in the email today.

Deb Mickey and Cindy Evans - I got your checks in the mail today. Thanks!

Diane, Karen, Linda, and Laura C - Got your checks yesterday. Thanks!

I sent off the fourth (and, assumed, last sponsorship yesterday) and emailed Laura Hicks with the information for the program.