BC Boards

RAIN

Nope, as much as my dog loves to swim, he hates being rained on. You can tell he's shocked when we go outside and it falls on him, he shuts down his ears and walks with the most pathetic face as if it's hurting him. He walks around puddles like a cat, even shaking his paws to get the water off. Now, if there's a ball anywhere around, forget about the rain, he WILL chase it and even swim in large puddles. But rain drops? Brrr, he says no, he prefers his water standing and deep enough to swim in it.

Mine hate the rain too. Until there's a ball. I was thinking this morning as I was throwing the ball for them with my umbrella that that would be a good poster for border collie owners. Have a picture of a person with an umbrella, holding a chuck-it with border collies surrounding them. The caption would read" Border Collie Owners...They're a Different Bread". What do you think?

Is anyone else's dog enjoying the rain as much as my Border Collies are?

Senneca just hates sprinklers and the like; doesn't swim (just paddles out a bit), but when it comes to going out for walk, she is an all weather girl. Thunder, lightling, heavy rain: no big deal. And that's a dog that shivers and hides indoors when she hears thinder. Just a matter of priorities, I guess.

I was thinking this morning as I was throwing the ball for them with my umbrella that that would be a good poster for border collie owners. Have a picture of a person with an umbrella, holding a chuck-it with border collies surrounding them. The caption would read" Border Collie Owners...They're a Different Bread". What do you think?

I think it makes no sense because to my knowledge, border collies aren't a type of bread.

Mine are indifferent to rain or any weather conditions at all, for that matter. Outside is outside and they always want to go there. This is a darned good thing, as it rains here for 11.5 of the 12 months, I think. The only exception is that Mr. Iron Bladder will sometimes decline to go outside if it's sleeting or blowing hard and he is comfortably ensconced on his toasty warm dog bed. Or at least, this was the case pre-steroids. Now he has to pee all the time.

RDM

Quynn couldn't care less whether it's raining or not. He doesn't mind the wet or cold at all, and when it's not raining, he doesn't work or play any less enthusastically.

Same boat as RDM. With as much rain as we get, she had better NOT care! The only time she notices the weather is if it is snowing, otherwise (wind, rain, sleet, etc) she just goes about business as usual.

I keep thinking I want carpeting, then it rains and I think I must be crazy to carpet! Maybe if I can find some in "Carolina Red Clay" color.

:rolleyes: I grew up in Greenville, SC, so I know what you mean. I didn't own a pair of white pants until I was 21. I never thought I'd miss it. Then, after I'd lived down here near the beach in all this sand for 8 yrs or so, I was picking out tile for the kitchen in my house. Yep, you guessed it. Big red clay tiles. :D

Meg hates to get her feet wet or the top of her coat wet a little. But once she is in it...it is irrelevant to her. Kind of like me, three minutes out the door and my curls come down, my shoe laces untie, my manicure goes to hell and I have a smudge of dirt across my face.

Usher loves the rain. At this house here, I have no gutters and he will stand on his back feet trying to catch the droplets that fall off the roof. It's kind of cute to see how long he can actually stand on 2 feet. Wet dog isn't fun, though.

I think it makes no sense because to my knowledge, border collies aren't a type of bread.

Mine are indifferent to rain or any weather conditions at all, for that matter. Outside is outside and they always want to go there. This is a darned good thing, as it rains here for 11.5 of the 12 months, I think. The only exception is that Mr. Iron Bladder will sometimes decline to go outside if it's sleeting or blowing hard and he is comfortably ensconced on his toasty warm dog bed. Or at least, this was the case pre-steroids. Now he has to pee all the time.

RDM

You haven't heard? It's a new type of loaf...goes great with tennis balls.

...smart ass :rolleyes:

Sara never gives any indication she even notices it is raining! Frisbee... let's play. Ball.... let me chase it. Need to check the fenceline - let's go. Her topcoat is practically water-repellant - it takes a lot to get her wet to the skin! Katie lies to lay outside in the doghouse or on the covered patio and watch it rain. My late Meg HATED rain. She would go out on the covered patio and hang her bum over the grass to potty and whine over her bottom/tail getting wet! You would have to drag her to get her to take a "walk" in the rain.

Same boat as RDM. With as much rain as we get, she had better NOT care! The only time she notices the weather is if it is snowing, otherwise (wind, rain, sleet, etc) she just goes about business as usual.

Same, same here. Both dogs were raised in WA state, so rain is part of life and they care not. River doesn't like to walk in water, but doesn't mind the rain at all.

My non-BC, the one with the best suited to the Pac NW dog coat I've ever seen avoids the rain if possible, but isn't neurotic about it.

Sophie was born and raised in the rainforests of Western Oregon, so she doesn't even notice the rain. Taz was born and raised in the dry front range of Colorado, and he is a big weenie about the rain. Craig, too. Sophie looks at them with disgust when they stop mid-pace at the threshold of the doorway to the backyard as soon as they realize it is the tiniest bit wet out there. She likes to bowl them over as she bursts outside...

LOL Laura, I was thinking the same thing. Our boys are such Coloradians that if it rains once, they can't stop talking about it for two weeks :rolleyes: It has to be the fact they're not used to seeing rain, you are absolutly right. Snow, yeah, no problem there!