BC Boards

Farewell to Steele

Steele was a special boy. He may not have started out that way to his "breeder" (and I use that term very loosely!), but from about 6 months old on he lived in a home where he was loved and cherished and will be remembered and cried over. Steele was a rescue pup, not full BC, but close enough. He left this world last night due to pancreatic cancer. He was only 8.5 years old. Much too young to go and leave the family who loved him behind. He was part of a litter of three young pups found in a parking lot covered in mange so bad the vet took before and after pics to show everyone. He was adopted from the vet's in NC by a family in Wisconsin (facilitated by cbcr). He'd go on to play flyball, earning many titles and being a steady dog on the team. He'd go on to be a great addition to a family, great with the kids, a great all-around boy.

I kept up with Steele's adoption because I have his littermate in Zoe. Over the years, Steele's mom and I would exchange photos and flyball stories, hoping one day Steele and Zoe could meet again. Well that never happened, and I'm saddened by Steele's passing and wanted to share his story with you all. I found some pictures of him, one playing flyball... even though he was twice as big as Zoe, they look the same going over a flyball jump. The other pics are them as pups, from the rescue website, littermates Steele, Skye and Zoe. Goodbye sweet boy.

Steele1.jpg

Steele as a pup:

000014qg.jpg

Littermate Skye:

00002b0d.jpg

Zoe as a pup:

00003s97.jpg

Guest WoobiesMom

Oh, I'm so sorry for you and Steele's family. 8 1/2 is way too young. I'm glad he found a family that loved him and had a happy and fulfilling life.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry you guys. I know it's never easy to lose a dog that your that close to. Best wishes.

He had a miserable beginning, but it sounds like he had a great life after. Any time is always to soon for us, thankfully they had some really good years worth of memories with him. RIP Steele. Run with wind at your back, and a song in your heart.

so sorry to hear about the loss. cancer is so hard- im so happy he found a loving home and now is running free in heaven. my prayers will go to zoe and skye that they did not also inherit some of this.

I am so sorry for your loss. You and Steele's family, have my condolences on the loss of your special friend, Steele.

I'm soo sorry for your loss. I know first hand how much it hurts to lose your best friend. It's been almost 2 years since Storm died... and I still get teary-eyed every time I think about her.