BC Boards

Raven flying home

So - another case of "Trust the Universe - she knows what she's doing!".

Well, since *I* couldn't have Waif (now Raven), I'm so very, very glad she's going to Alaska and to Doc - at least I'll still get to 'see' her. Of all those wonderful pups, she was the one who 'spoke' to me over the internet - but I think mainly because she reminds me of my own little demon bitch, Kirra - so good luck, Doc, if she's really anything like Kirra.

Fingers and toes crossed for safe transport - sounds like the car ride will be a heap of fun.

Hey AK Dog Doc,

How are you sleeping at night these days :rolleyes: ?Getting excited are you hmmmm? I can only imagine What fun Raven will have on her trip to you. Sounds like the keystone cops are running the first leg of the delivery. You may have to remind her severely after this, that life is "serious business " not all like the fun and games, in the first leg of her journey to you :D hopefully the scary sheep incident hasn't effected her for life LOL.

Doc your right Brad can't hold a candle to Pip, or any BC puppy for that matter.

Drive safe ladies, sounds like your going to have fun. Can't wait to hear the continuing saga of the BC Boards delivery run.

Andrea D.

It is so heart warming to read this thread about Raven going home to AK Dog Doc in Alaska, and all the fun personalities involved in getting her to Atlanta. This is the kind of good times that makes life worth living. I too am eagerly looking forward to pictures from Alaska.

Hector

Mo will tell Raven her mommy Rocks! She saved his eye over the internet no less. Thanks a mil Doc! Congrads on the Pup! She is a doll baby.

Psst ~ you do realize with that crew driving her Monday she will be scared for life ( Life of Joy that is). Ladies don't forget the coffee. We want details and photos. Greedy cusses aren't we? LOL Ya'll have a good trip!

Then I guess I shouldn't rub it in that I get to see Raven in 24 hours.

I seriously can't wait to see pictures of her new life in AK. Maybe that means that our next trip needs to be to AK in a year to see how little Raven is doing!!!! :rolleyes:

You will survive and that first night of whining you will wonder what you have done to yourself!

I just looked at Streets & Trips to calculate the distance that little Raven will be traveling. It looks like 300 miles by car + 3610 miles by air (Atlanta to Seattle to Anchorage). So that's a 3910 mile trip for the baby.

For comparison, a Washington DC to London non-stop air flight is 3660 miles.

I hope Raven likes flying!

Wow, Hector - that really puts it into perspective! Thank goodness she'll have a few breaks. Poor little mite will be soooo confused and tired. But I have a spot picked out for her to zonk out on on my bed. That ought to give her a chance to catch up a little. I'm also taking a few days off ASAP so I can help her settle in.

Hmm, I don't know if dogs are allowed to collect frequent flier miles.... I should find out!

Meanwhile I went to the local pet store and picked up "her" brand of food, and tomorrow I go get new stuffing for the polarfleece pet bed I made (the cushion of which Ali helpfully reduced to confetti last time I had the covering off to launder...)

:rolleyes: