BC Boards

Border Collie or not?

So a few months ago, we adopted a puppy from the SPCA. I always wanted a border collie, as I lived with them my whole life. I was going to go to a breeder, but ended up finding this little guy - and couldn't let him go. He has grown up to be an awesome dog. He is 8 months old right now and I am starting to wonder if he is a border collie or at least half. First of all, he has endless energy. He gets about 3 hours exercise a day (no jumping or anything yet, just strolling around doggy beaches and wrestling with other puppies), if not more. He is completely obsessed with his toys, if I dont take away his toys around 8PM he will not stop playing, he is out of breath from doing so in the evening haha. He never nips at anyone, unless your a playing a little rough. At the doggy park he is social, unless I get the ball out. He LOVES to chase dogs, bite them in their back legs. He also kind of crawls over the ground before he starts chasing another dog.

Anyway, ofcourse, its doesn't matter what kind he his, I was just curious to hear some border-collie-knowers, what you guys think.

See more photos here (he is the brown one):

https://plus.google.com/photos/106265634490212853481/albums/5813689492483424449?authkey=CMGclOq2n--Z4gE

Screen+shot+2012-11-22+at+9.21.39+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-11-22+at+9.21.28+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-11-22+at+9.20.53+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-11-22+at+9.22.41+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-11-22+at+9.20.44+AM.png

Screen+shot+2012-11-22+at+9.21.09+AM.png

Oh, he's beautiful! And such a character. :)

I vote border collie, as well, both in his looks and the "crawling" behavior - that's very typical of young BCs who want to ingratiate themselves in play.

I think some people just slap on the label "mix" because the dog isn't plain old black-and-white. They might not even realize BCs come in red! But he looks the whole deal, and also very cute. Congrats on a beautiful young dog. :)

~ Gloria

I don't speak or read Icelandic, but I think our gentleman from Iceland is asking for more cute photos. :P/>

~ Gloria

And even if you did it would not helped you much as my post is written in dutch :lol: .

The signature of Nanda & Nelson says she is originally from the Netherlands, and so am I. No worries back in english mode from now on ;)

NB, More foto´s would be a good idea, they are great.

Haha I didn't even realize it was Dutch, I have gotten so used to English, Dutch seems more foreign these days (though it's only been 2 years since I moved).

So more photos? Ok... here's a little bit more of Nelson, he is named after a small beautiful town in the mountains of British Colombia, Canada.

He doesn't like to cross bridges, see here:

IMG_8488.jpg

Ball, ball, ball!

Screen+shot+2012-11-23+at+2.06.05+PM.png

So comfortable!

Screen+shot+2012-11-23+at+2.07.14+PM.png

Screen+shot+2012-11-23+at+2.06.37+PM.png

Screen+shot+2012-11-22+at+9.21.35+AM.png

COMPLETELY GORGEOUS 100% BORDER COLLIE.

Thanks for the photos. It always gives my heart a lift to see pictures of another one of the most beautiful dogs in the world. :D

And by the way I am familiar with Nelson and agree that it is a very cool place. If I ever moved back to Canada, that is where I would go.

Welcome to the Boards!

• 1 month later...