BC Boards

O/T: Questions/Problems with the new board software

I must be asexual :rolleyes: because it won't let me set my gender. Anyone else having this problem or is it just a glitch that hasn't been worked out yet? Anyway...no biggie just wondering if it was just me.

Now that I'm getting the hang of it, I really like the new setup too. Thanks to the admins. for all of your hard work!! Lots more goodies to play around w/ now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AK dog doc, we definitely want to keep the over-vaccination thread as a sticky. None of the stickies came over intact -- they all went back to their chronological order within their respective forums. I had to search through all the posts to find the stickies, and then restore them to stickyhood. It just took me longer to find the over-vaccination one than the other two, but I've found it now and put it back up as a sticky in the H&G section. BTW, skimming through all your past posts reminded me of what a treasure you are to this Board. :rolleyes:

The "Other BC Topics" error message is a bug, but it's a relatively little bug (since you can just click on "BC Boards" instead and you'll be taken to the full BC Boards page, which contains the Other BC Topics section), so we're not going to address it until we fight our way out from under all the other stuff.

Kat's Dogs, I'm sorry but we've pretty much decided not to allow animated avatars from now on, because they cause a TREMENDOUS load on the server -- way out of proportion to their advantages. The cost-benefit equation just doesn't justify it, I'm afraid.

When I first signed in, I had the option to be anonymous (so that others couldn't see what I'm reading on the board). I chose that and today I find that I'm visible. :rolleyes:

What happened? Can I change it back?

When I first signed in, I had the option to be anonymous (so that others couldn't see what I'm reading on the board). I chose that and today I find that I'm visible. :rolleyes:

What happened? Can I change it back?

I assume you need to Log Out and set it up again. See if that does the trick...

The new Board is terrific! Eileen and Heather - Thanks for the hard work in setting it up.

I am having a problem however with getting my login "remembered" I have checked the box when I logged in. But when I turn on the computer and access the site, it does not recall my login and I have to re-login. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Sheryl, "Dal and Maddies mom" called me and said she can not get logged into the boards. She has tried everything, even re-registering, but it said she was already registered! Can she get some help???

I had the same problem yesterday. I had to e-mail Eileen to get it sorted out. She fixed something and I was able to log in after that.

I am still confused. The pictures I am trying to post are just the still images I ALWAYS post. Not anything animated at all, just jpegs on a webpage...

I guess I will just have to figure something else out...

.... I am having a problem however with getting my login "remembered" I have checked the box when I logged in. But when I turn on the computer and access the site, it does not recall my login and I have to re-login. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Not that it's any help, really bcfriend, but if it makes you feel any better, a forum here in Oz that I hang out on has been using this software for some time, and I have that problem with that forum. Sometimes it remembers me, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it's just geting like me. :rolleyes:

The good news is that the appearance of the software has changed recently so that you have a nice easy login sitting on the page.

>

My first thought would be that your computer is set not to accept cookies, or to clear cookies, and therefore the cookies our software plants to let it remember you are not there the next time you log in. (Also, of course if you log in from a different computer than the one you used when you clicked "remember me," you will not be remembered.) In that case, the problem is at your end. But maybe as we go along we'll find something in the software that's causing this problem. I have been "remembered" each time I logged in, and so have another few people I checked with individually, so there's not much I can do to troubleshoot it at this point.

Sheryl (Dal and Maddies Mom) is now on.

Kat's Dogs, you've got me stumped. When you said you were getting a message about "dynamic photos," I assumed you must be trying to create one of those avatars that are sort of a slide show of several pictures. If that's not it -- if you're just trying to post a single image with its own URL -- then I don't know what the problem could be. Is anybody else having trouble doing that?

Hello , I have a question regarding the password ; will I have to type it all each time I log in ? I used to type my name and the 'remember me' thing was on so that was it , now it doesn't seem to want to remember me though I asked ...

I'm just so sure I'll lose the password at some point !

I do like the new boards! You've all done a great job!! I just need more time to navigate through all the 'new' stuff. I don't know if Jo&Tex managed to get through to Eileen, but she was also having the same trouble as a couple of other folks trying to get back on the boards.

This is part of the email I received from Jo

I need a puppy picture fix, I'm getting the shakes...
:rolleyes:

Eileen, thanks for much for the help with my account! I was going bonkers there for a while!! :rolleyes:

I LOVE the new format because everything is so familiar to me - I used to moderate a message board that used the same one! It even has the same Smileys! :D

That happened to me last night. I tried about ten times to post but everytime I hit post reply it booted me off. I'm not sure why. Then one time I logged in and it worked again.

I do like the quick reply box. That's one thing I missed from the other board :rolleyes:

Still no chat room? LOL.

Sandra pointed out that under my name, I don't have either "Senior Member" or "Junior Member". Am I that "unqualifiable" ? :rolleyes:

Anyone has an idea why that's not displaying? I am set as visible, btw, in case that would have anything to do with it.

Edited to add: Nevermind, I figured it out, you can set you own display message from My Controls, Edit Profile Information. Mine reads now "One of a kind! :D "

I will not delete the above question, since it might help somone else figure out the "mistery"

That's cool. I'll have to play around with it.