BC Boards

Hello, new to these forums

Hello all,

About 3 months ago I rescued what I was told was a Border Collie from animal control. She was looked at by somebody who specialized in BC's and informed me she wasn't a BC after all. I have asked around and nobody can give me an answer so I decided to take it to the experts, you!

The ones I have seen are the normal black and white but have found some web material on the recessive tan ones. There are also some Aussie's that look close as well but since she was turned in as a BC I will stay with that for now. Here are some photos. There are before and after getting her clipped....

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

100_1257.jpg

100_1262.jpg

100_1325.jpg

Could be a mix; some BCs do indeed have tan and white markings. Do you have any full side shots of her standing? Body build often gives a clue, though she looks a bit chubby so that may make it more difficult.

She was overweight when I got her, and has trimmed down some since then. I don't doubt that she isn't a pureblood, but when asked or filling out a form it would be nice to be accurate. Those are the only current photos I have ATM. I can shoot some new ones and post those.

She is a very sweet dog though, but she has some separation anxiety I have found since having her. She was a pound turn in by her previous owner with the reason of "too much traveling to have a dog" but I suspect it was due to her issue with her going to the bathroom in the house. I havent caught her, and have rescued two others since getting her, but she did do it before I got the other two so I know she does. Her name is Emma by the way.

she is very very pretty! I would say lab mix... maybe some bc. i amy be mistaken but the tan and white my also come from husky?

At first glance - I would think maybe a bit of BC at most. BUT!! A friend of mine has a BC (pure) that is tan and white and looks exactly like your girl. Same face/ears/coat/body structure. Amazing! You just never can tell with these dogs if you have one or not. I think you really just have to go more on how they act.

But my best guess based on looks, husky/lab or something like that perhaps. But there could be some BC in there somewhere. Very pretty though! Such a sweet face!

I think there could be some bc in there. She's a bit chubby (no offense) so maybe that's why people are seeing lab. I wonder if she could be a golden mix...

Does she have any border collie like characteristics?

I don't know, but she's awfully cute!