BC Boards

ABCA policy changes

blackacre

Registration Policy Clarified

Concerned with the dangers of conformation breeding to the Border Collie, the ABCA Directors have voted to clarify our registration policy.

?The ABCA is a working stockdog registry and believes that breeding for conformation standards rather than working ability is detrimental to the health and working ability of the Border Collie. Consequently the ABCA will only register dogs or bitches whose ancestors are registered with working registries with the same strict working goals as the International Sheep dog Society and the American Border Collie Association.

Dogs or bitches registered with any registry that promotes conformation showing of Border Collies (American Kennel Club, United Kennel Club, the Kennel Club (UK), Federacion Cynologique Internationale, Australian, or New Zealand Kennel Clubs, etc) will not be registered unless they are also registered by an acceptable working registry.

The ABCA will deregister any ABCA registered dog or bitch should it be named a ?Conformation Champion ?by a conformation registry??.

This policy change becomes effective January 1,2004.

Appeal Policy Established

During the October 21,2003 Annual meeting of the Board of Directors, a new application appeal policy was established to begin on January 1,2004. There will be a $25 non-refundable fee charged for all appeals after that date. This will be paid at the time the request is made prior to the application being forwarded to the committee. The appeals committee for 2004 is Robin Nuffer, Beverly Lambert and Merle Newton. All appeals must be directed to the ABCA office for action.

ISDS Recognizes ABCA

In a historic agreement, the International Sheepdog Society has recognized the American Border Collie Association. While adult ABCA dogs cannot be transferred to the ISDS, pups from ABCA sires and dams can be JSDS registered. The full text of Norman Lorton?s letter can be found on the ABCA web site (americanbordercollie.org).

Joint statement:

The International Sheep Dog Society (ISDS) and the American Border CollieAssociation (ABCA) are pleased to announce a joint agreement whereby the ISDS ivill recognise the pedigree of anABG4 recorded sire and/or dam as valid for the registration of pups in the ISDS Stud Book according to ISDS Rules.

This position has been reached for the benefit of owners, breeders and dogs alike. The two organizations have the same objective of supporting the Border Collie being a working sheep-dog. It is recognized that this will be greatly helped by effectively bringing together the worldwide community of these dogs and giving owners greater access to an appropriate register.

82 Rogers Rd Perkinston, MS 39573 Telephone (601) 928-7551 Fax (601) 928-5148 email: abca@datasync.com www.americanbordercollie.org

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing (and spending the time copying) this information with us, although why you chose to do it is beyond my comprehension. Were you bored? Did you think that we needed an extra copy? Did you just feel like being a busy bee and typing?

The response to this information has been overwhelming as you can see.

I certainly hope that you make it through the long snowy and cold Canadian winter and can keep your sanity....although I am beginning to have my doubts.

I don't have time for such mundane things as I am busy preparing for a Martha Stewart Christmas.

I am still debating whether the dogs should wear little antlers or Santa hats for the occasion. Both costumes seem to me to be a bit overdone lately.

So tell me Terry are you pressing and dying hand shorn wool from your absolutely fabulous exotic sheep for the wee antlers? And the ribbon with which you attach the horns, is it monogrammed with each dogs intitials?

If not fuhget about the antlers, they'll interfere with that natural chic that Mahthuh espouses.

Wow Ambit big word, had to look it up! Thought you might have just misspelled armpit! He ought to have a great time there..sheepdog bootcamp...Almost sent Todd, but after his long layoff he appears to be doing better. Enough to keep me hooked anyway. Saw Stacys mate to yours the other day and he is coming along nicely, just very slow to mature. Anyway off to bed, wormed and did shots today...in my mind a new definate argument for my oven stuffer roaster lambs that everyone laughs at..there is no getting around it, a 250 LBS ram is simply that 250 lbs. My back is killing me and damned if all the young dogs didnt pick today to show their collective asses...I feel like someone kicked the crap out of me! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

A.,

Is that attorney talk?

I must remind you that on our spring fling, you must not talk like that in the presence of my new puppy.

You can still use that profanity around the older dogs. Pip will blow you off and believe me, she is experienced. Bracken won't hear you. Tweed will not think that it applies to him. Beau will jump on your back. Merc will go and piss.

Sam, for a small fee A. will send you a "new word each the day" and even use it in a sentence. She is better than the silly Reader's Digest multiple choice word power quiz. She really does have more than a two word vocabulary.....not many people realize this because they have only heard her use two words for weeks at a time.

I know I have heard her use the f word at least 5 times creatively in one sentence...It rivals my own record of 4....Can hardly wait to see you guys and we can have puppy play time at the shedding clinics as I will have a Todd puppy if you can believe that..he lost his little virginity last night..Poor boy has found religion.

Since when is a solicitor.......one who solicits....more dignified?

I have heard that "ladies" in the States can go to jail for soliciting.

If you get thrown in jail in the States when you tell everyone that you are soliciting, I will bail you out in the morning after my leisurely breakfast.

As I recall, in the dark of the night when the UFO landed on my RV, you didn't run to my aid....au contraire.

<< As I recall, in the dark of the night when the UFO landed on my RV, you didn't run to my aid....au contraire. >>

That's quite true. I also told you NOT to move the goddamn thing until the morning. What should I hear 1 minute and 27 seconds later?

GRRRRRIND. SCREEEEEECH. GROAAAAAN. SNAAAAP!!!!!!

A.

Sheri is not here yet. She had to go waaaay out of her way to Pet Supplies for a friend of hers.

Yes, I got her directions. I just hope that I got all my lefts and rights .............right.

By the way, if you would have listened to my UFO problem instead of rolling over and going back to sleep, you would have known that I had no choice but to move the RV. The UFO was blocking my door so that I could not get it open to allow the dogs to go out and potty.

You can call us later tonight.

Ah Margaret,

Somebody loves me.

New Year's is up in the air until I figure out what the kids are doing when. ARE they going to CO with their father? If so, WHEN? etc. Will know more in a few days when all are home from uni.

Also have a tentative plan to go to the Fogts' trial in OH should I by chance actually have the time and energy.

So, will keep you posted and am grateful for the invite, but prob. unlikely.

Another time?

A.