BC Boards

Buddy Update

AK dog doc

Doc, I haven't been reading the Health board lately and only just now read all the posts about Buddy. I just want to let you know that I am adding in my prayers for his recovery, and sending you my most sincere hopes that he will be OK. I am so sorry that you and he are going through this, and wish that I could help. You are such a valuable menber of these boards, always going out of your way to help others here and sharing your knowledge. We all appreciate you so much. I will be thinking of you and Buddy and hoping for the best.

Thanks, D'Elle. Thanks, Liz. Buddy's been feeling good enough to do most of his usual Buddy tricks, including rolling around on his back and kicking his feet in the air. This is really rather hilarious, because he's excessively deep-chested top to bottom, but flat as a flounder side to side. So there he is, balanced upside-down on his narrow little knife-blade spine, legs kicking, eyes wide and shining with glee, mouth open in a demented grin of total delight. Every so often he flops to one side or the other, overbalanced by the deep keel of his chest. (Very often he can be caught doing this on a hill, so that he is sliding upside-down and head-first down the slope, like a raven on a snowbank.)

At any rate, Buddy and I are both very appreciative of his international fan club and prayer circle. Thanks for all your good thoughts and kind wishes, and I will pass them (along with hugs and meatballs) along to him.

HI Aka dog doc,

Like DElle, I haven't been on the health page till today. Sounds like you have Buddy back under control, and that time is what he needs to regain strength. It's good he doesn't know he's sick, it makes a big difference. The "C" word is scary,as you already know. But so many things can be done these days.As my sister is fond of saying. Take it one day at a time, and spend the time well. I think you already have a handle on that!I too am keeping Buddy and you in my prayers. I feel sort of late in the game but my thoughts are with you none the less. His best medicine is love and you have it in abundance.

My Emmette has chronic renal failure and low protein is important. He has become a carb addict :rolleyes: , loves bread and tortillas, bagles, pancakes you name it. I spread Kd on the tortllas,and make pinwheels for him. He likes an apitizer before his dinner. I then blend his dry food in the blender to make a meal which I can then add to items like hot cereal, mashed potatoes, and now I will try the spinich in small ammounts( minus the salmon I guess). Emmette pretty much eats what he wants. So I understand the feeding every two hours. The trips to work with you. But only ICU here has the posh heated cages :D When Buddy is kicking in the air, and running away, and guarding the egg he doesn't want, but by golly no one better touch it! All good signs. Buddy is lucky to have you to watch over him and speed is recovery.

Knock Knock, Who's there? BC. BC who? BCing you on the bords if you don't answer

Sorry, really I am......

Andrea D.

Hi AK DOC-like the others above me I had no idea Buddy was sick and of course Piper sends her kisses and well-wishes from other parts of Alaska. I'm sorry about the diagnosis but glad to hear her is doing better!

As for Andrea D's joke, it made me laugh out loud... :rolleyes: