BC Boards

Hi, We're New

Just wanted to say hello and thank you. We're new Boarder Collie parents, a 10 week old puppy who has been with us for a week. Her name is Lucy. 

Reading this forum helped us to prepare for this furry alligator. Our last dog was a dachshund who passed away about a year ago. We were a little nervous before we picked her up because of what we were reading on the web. After 3 days, we dispaired, all that manic energy and biting. Then I started reading the thread about Mangled Hands 10 week old puppy's biting and aggressive behavior. We started following the suggestions of those that responded- especially how to use the crate and positive reinforcement, and everything turned around within a few days. We both have made mistakes in the past with our dogs, mostly angry negative punishments, and we have been determined to be positive and patient littermates. 

So thank you for helping us to get off to a good start. We are looking forward to our new adventure. 

Here is a pic of our girl. 

IMG-20210210-WA0001.thumb.jpg.5a50f06de0bf4732026119d63c57635d.jpg

Proof that the crate worksIMG-20210211-WA0001.thumb.jpg.7f27c65b7c7fe28eba0e9ea4ee9fba18.jpg

♥ awwww. So cute! I am very happy that you have already learned so much on this forum. I have learned an amazing amount in my time here and am still learning. This has been an invaluable resource for me, and no doubt will be for you as well. Welcome to the BC Boards. :-)