BC Boards

Speaking of tummy troubles . . .

urge to herd

Gibbs' morning poop was very, very soft, almost runny. His digestion has always been pretty sturdy, except when he had giardia. I also know that dairy products don't agree with him, so he hasn't had any of those in a long time.

So, cottage cheese is out, and I don't have the supply of canned pumpkin and frozen chicken I used to keep on hand. I gave him about a half cup of well cooked white rice with a little kibble thrown in and he gobbled it right down.

Will be getting some chicken and pumpkin, but what else is there to firm things up that isn't dairy?

Ruth and SuperGibbs

We dont' have a trail side buffet we have chicken poo casserole! Chicken poop everywhere! My dogs think it is appetizers!

I grow my own kefir. I feed it to the dogs at least once a week if not more. They seem to do very well with it. So do I!

Dunno why I didn't remember this sooner, since I use it with Tilly. You can also sprinkle mashed potato flakes on the dog's food.

Easy to find in the grocery store even when pumpkin may not be available. I always keep a box on hand.

I know you don't need it now, Ruth, but maybe it'll help someone else another time.

Thanks for that idea, GL. I love sweet potatoes, so have decided that there will always be a couple in the house. I'd never thought of them as a remedy for dire rears, and appreciate that info, as well.

The problem with canned pumpkin, for me at least, is that I only find it in those big cans. So I open one, use maybe 3-4 tbs, and what do I do with the rest of it? Not a fan of pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie is okay but I'm not going to make a whole pie just for me. My hips would not appreciate it. ;)

So sweet potatoes fit the need nicely.

Ruth and SuperGibbs