BC Boards

Wick at the 2013 AAC BC/Y Regionals

This year was the 9th year that Wick has competed at the AAC BC and Yukon Agility Regionals. She's about 12.5 years old now (she is a rescue with an unknown past, but her pups will be 12 in December) and she still goes like stink. She earned a 3rd place for this run, and I couldn't be more proud of her.

She is qualified for AAC Nationals, which we'll attend in August. This most likely will be her last Nationals, but I've learned with Wick to never say never!

Too many people carry on too long with dogs that have lost interest but that's clearly not the case with Wick.

Ridiculous to think that some people consider 7 year olds as veterans.

I think our nearly 13 year old will be retiring soon though.

Great to see Wick still having a blast out there. :) I remember following her and her pup's story, on another board, all those years ago. I'm so glad she is still doing so well!

Thanks! It's crazy that the sad little mama dog that was meant to be put down in the shelter is the same dog that screams her head off as she bombs around the course.

I've lost touch with all but one of her pups' owners, but the one that I do talk with says that Wick's daughter, Tip, is as useless on sheep as her mother :D but she excels as a therapy dog and a beloved family pet.

Your dogs are wonderful!!!!! I feel better, I was kicking myself a bit for not getting Layla along fast enough in agility (since I've never done this before) and she's 3; knowing your wonderful dog is still going so strong at 12 is AWESOME!

Your dog that didn't want to do the teeter, that's Layla, I am definitely behind in AKC because of this. We've been doing more NADAC though.

Your dogs are having a great time out there! Such fun!