BC Boards

Want to help me name my new foster dog?

I have a new foster dog, acquired yesterday. She weighs 31 pounds, and somebody docked her tail :( . Black and white, smooth coat, with flop-over ears. Verrrry cute. Of course I want to post a photo of her, but am having problems with that at the moment.

In any case, she is super sweet, wants to play with everyone including the cat, and needs to be taught some manners and how to walk on a leash. Also very shy and submissive, so confidence building will be the first thing. I haven't come up with a name for her yet. I like human names and/or sheepdog names the best. If you feel like making suggestions, fire away. :) I will post a photo as soon as I am able.

I also took in a foster dog about 2 weeks ago who had a docked tail. Since I believe she is part terrier, she may have come by the tail naturally. I thought of 'Stumpy', but that would never fly. Her name is Anyss - after a character in a book I read about the 1635 plague in England.

Read any good books lately?

Jovi

Hey, I named Rudder that because he's missing most of his "rudder", just has a nub. He doesn't seem to mind biggrin.gif

Hmmm, I'm not very good at coming up with girls names, but I'll throw a few out there...Sookie, Cari, Pen, Mia, Harper, Gwen, Eva...that's all I've got at the moment

just an FYI

There are some border collies out there that came with a naturally bobbed tail. Either damage in utero or just didn't end up with a tail. So unless a vet checks the stub you really can't be sure! Unless too, you see a scab or scar where you can tell it was bobbed by someone.

I love the name Gwen. I like different, I'd probably spell it Gwyn.

Love the name Pippa too!

Pictures please!

Thanks! :)

I was going to name her Bree, then found out that another newly arrived rescue dog here is already named Bree, so that is out.

I like Gwen a lot. Or Gwyn? (Love Welsh names). I also thought of Leah (pronounced "lee-ah")

I am going to try out both of those, see if one sticks.

I am frustrated because if I remember correctly we used to be able to post photos to here straight from our computers. Now, we need to post a link. I use Photobucket, but their computer is not allowing me to access my account. Anyone know of a better place to host the photos?

D'Elle

You need to attach the file. Down below where you type the reply you'll see "attachments" hit browse, find the picture on you computer, add it and click "attach this file". Your picture needs to be under 2MB in size to attach

Ph, of course. silly me. So here she is, and after all that asking for help to name her I ended up naming her Leah. She's a cutie, and really only a puppy.....a year old if that.post-2074-043245900 1349740643_thumb.jpg post-2074-084000100 1349740657_thumb.jpg

:)

Wow, if her coat was a bit longer, she'd be a dead ringer for Rudder...freckled nose and legs, slightly blocky head, white in all the same places, missing a tail...so, clearly I think she's adorable! And Leah fits her well, what a cutie!

I like Gwen a lot. Or Gwyn? (Love Welsh names).

If you take a look at the ISDS name database, you will see that Gwen is overwhelmingly a female name, whereas Gwyn is predominantly a male name (if that matters to you). Anyway, if she has won the name Leah then it matters little, but maybe for future reference...?

If you take a look at the ISDS name database, you will see that Gwen is overwhelmingly a female name, whereas Gwyn is predominantly a male name (if that matters to you). Anyway, if she has won the name Leah then it matters little, but maybe for future reference...?

Definitely for future reference, John. I love the name Gwen. And thank you for the spelling education, because it does matter to me. Maybe Gwen will be my next foster dog!

:)