BC Boards

Guess the mix :)

So Willow is a mutt which I love because she is unique. The rescue said she was a BC/ Corgi mix but the more she grows I'm wondering if they were correct. I think she looks like she may have hound in her because she is very long. What are your guesses?

IMG_0027.jpg

Willow11-20-11.jpg

Willow211-20-11.jpg

The heaviness and size of the ears, the tail length and carriage and the "east-west" front all suggest a Basset Hound in the woodpile. Also the knobby joints, the feet and the freckles on the forelegs. Perhaps one parent was a Basset Hound mix.

I don't see Corgi there either. Certainly she could be 1/2 Border Collie. How big is she? What does she weigh? What is her bark like?

She weighs 31lbs now and stands about knee level to me, maybe a little shorter. When she barks its kind of like a very short howl but sometimes it sounds like a normal dog bark. I have no idea how to explain it :P . Let me tell you though, she has the BC stare and she loves to herd me.

I'd go with my brother's identification of one one of the many dogs he and his wife have taken in. What breed? Brown!

So this dog is "black, with some white".

I'm thinking Basset/BC, as well. We have a Corgi/BC mix and as Julie said, he has the pricked Corgi ears. All the corgi-mixes I've met do, though it's not to say flop ears can't happen. ;) But the ears, the knobby knees, even the slightly splayed front feet look Basset to me. Which would give you your hound!

But she's awfully cute, whatever she is! :)

~ Gloria

The more you all say Bassett hound, the more I think she is. And thank you everyone for the nice comments :). The funny thing is I wasn't even Planning on adopting a dog right mow but I go on pet finder weekly just to look and she caught my eye, I had to have her.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived