BC Boards

I am about to fail Fostering 101...

...But could you *really* blame me???

IMG_4626.jpg

I mean, srsly???

IMG_4612.jpg

I think perhaps Rune thinks she is seeing her reflection...

IMG_4628.jpg

This little token came from a family who were concerned about the expense of her medical issues and decided they could not afford them. She has had three seizures in the 3 short weeks of them having her...I'll be taking her in next week to unravel the mystery behind her seizures....But oh boy. Would you look at that face???

I'm in trouble.

You know, I'm hoping its what I think it is...

You see, the people told me she was 10 wks. Well, if thats true, she'd make a REALLY TINY 10 wks. Seriously, she's the size of Monkey...its hard to tell, next to Rune, because Rune is tiny too...So, I didn't get to drill the original owners on their caretaking of this pup, and I'm wondering if maybe the breeder lied when they handed them a "6 week old" pup, and she was really more like 5wks? ...And maybe they were not feeding her often enough...which could drop her blood sugar, which in turn could cause her to have a seizure. They were a busy household full of kids.

*sigh* I'm just hoping its nothing big, and its fixable...'cause omg, she's so precious. She's zonked out alongside me as I type.

Now she needs a name. :rolleyes:

She is so very sweet. There's not a dog lover in the world that could resist that face. And what a match for your big girl! Hoping the lack of proper feeding at her former home is at the root of her health problems. It's a lot of work to take care of a very young pup and its reasonable to assume she was overlooked.

Liz

I would ask them about the possibility of a portosystemic shunt. Its the first thing I think of when I hear of seizuring in a puppy (that didn't get into a toxin). They are also more likely to be small for their age. Hopefully its not that and its something more simple. She's super cute!!

Rune loves puppies, as does Monkey (until they catch up with her, LoL) ...But Ido tolerates them until she gets to know them. She's experienced a lot of demanding puppies in her face. She's very good and appropriate with her corrections, though...which makes for well mannered puppies in the end. :rolleyes:

You know, I'm hoping its what I think it is...

You see, the people told me she was 10 wks. Well, if thats true, she'd make a REALLY TINY 10 wks. Seriously, she's the size of Monkey...its hard to tell, next to Rune, because Rune is tiny too...So, I didn't get to drill the original owners on their caretaking of this pup, and I'm wondering if maybe the breeder lied when they handed them a "6 week old" pup, and she was really more like 5wks? ...And maybe they were not feeding her often enough...which could drop her blood sugar, which in turn could cause her to have a seizure. They were a busy household full of kids.

*sigh* I'm just hoping its nothing big, and its fixable...'cause omg, she's so precious. She's zonked out alongside me as I type.

Now she needs a name. :D

Uh Oh You know your in trouble when you come up with a name! She is definitly staying. :D

I recently picked up a couple of rats (I run a rattery called Rats On Stryke) anyway I went with the intention of getting one baby and came home with a pregnant 4 month old, a 6 week old and a 2 week old with no mum. Well I didn't plan on keeping the littlest one as he was a boy and I was looking for a girl, but he didn't have a mum so I hand fed him for a week and now his name is OS Been on Stryke (Stryke) Oh dear me. Looks like he's staying. As well as the pregnant one I got, a $800+ operation later (luckily I know the vets quite well and they did it for free for me) after she couldn't expel those babies, 2 doses of oxytocin, fluids and day stay, c-section and hysterectomy looks like she's staying!!! Your in trouble when that happens.

I saw a border pup at the pet shop the other day and if it's still there in a week i'm scrounging up the money to buy it. It was absolutely beautiful. There were 2 in the pen but this one was watching me with the most intent bright looking face i've ever seen. Just amazing, i was spell bound by this little baby. I'm hoping to god it's not there otherwise I'm so screwed :rolleyes: