BC Boards

Missing Sam's information

I was chatting with KrisK and she suggested that I post Sam's information on here just in case anyone has any contacts that I haven't thought of so here it is.

Sam went missing June 20, 2009 between noon and 5pm.

He lived with his sheep on Taugenbaugh Mesa just outside Rifle CO.

He was last seen heading east towards Beaver Creek Rd

Sam is a super freindly 4.5-5 month old Akbash puppy that weighs around 45-50 lbs. He looks like a gaint white lab puppy.

He will come to his name and is very dog friendly. He's had all his shots excpet his rabies shot.

If you don't know what an Akbash is, it's like a smooth coated pyrnese. He doesn't have double dewclaws but his feet are huge.

This is a picture I took about 2 days before he MIA

Sam1.jpg

My contact information is

bcnewe2 @ hotmail.com (take spaces out)

970 440 7131 home

314 402 5299 cell

Thanks for caring and helping anyway you can

Kristen,

I've posted this to a few Colorado dog lists, and have already heard back from someone who cross-posted it to the local Anatolian rescue list. I will also make sure it gets posted on the Mountain & Plains website.

I am still optimistic Sam will be found, safe and sound.

I just copied your post and emailed it to my aunt in Rifle. I asked her to email it to anyone she knows in the area.

Fingers crossed for a safe return!

I've cross posted the information as well to another board. I also just came across some other sites that might be helpful to you. In case you have to register etc. it might be better for you to post the info there yourself so you can update or remove it as needed. They're not sites/boards I'm a member of.

http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/index.html (you can post there but scroll down for more links)

www.petfinder.com

http://www.fidofinder.com/matches.php

http://www.lostapet.org/

http://www.mycommunityinfo.ca/life/pets/online.asp

I keep checking and hoping Sam is returned... so sad.

However, I have to smile a bit, imagining some poor schmuch who thought he was "rescuing" an abandoned lab, only to have the dog keep growing, and growing, and growing... :rolleyes: He is GINORMOUS!

Mary

Kristen,

I've posted Sam's information and his photo to the WorkingLGDs and workinglivestockguarddogs lists (these are both Yahoo groups and you may want to join to be able to update folks on your search; otherwise I will post updates to those lists as you post them here).

Julie

Thanks guys. I've reactivated my membership on the LGD lists. I didn't think about those.

Kelpie girl sent me a youtube video with a video of a new Akbash puppy. I had to do a double take. It wasn't Sam but sure looked like him.

I'm headed to the local stores today to post more fliers.

Thanks for anything you guys can do. It makes me feel a bit less helpless.

I've listed Sam on lots of lost dog sites and boards. Let's hope it helps.

Thanks for all the ideas. Especially Julie for mentioning the other lists that she posted on. DUH....guess I'm upset and not thinking straight. He's on every list I belong to now, plus I've joined some new ones to get his info out there.

FYI there is an AmberK9alert yahoo group. It's sorta scary to read the posts but with some luck, more people will see that he's gone.

I'll keep you posted. I feel renewed energy going out there.

Thanks again EVERYONE!