BC Boards

I failed foster 101

Yep, I failed! You have to give me some credit though, since I resisted for nearly a year! The short version of the story: Jun came into foster early last summer and after several prospective local homes didn't work out she hitched a ride with a board member out to Vermont to what was supposed to be her forever home. It took less than a week to realize that it was definitely not going to work out. I put her on a plane and shipped her back to me, but still was determined not to keep her! The dog was insane--bitchy, manipulative, demanding, she was constantly pacing, circling, chasing her tail or finding something annoying to do. However, after the year I put into her she is--I'm amazed to say--a joy to live with. She is smart, sassy and challenging and tons of fun to train. We are training in frisbee, flyball and obedience and she thrives on learning. She's become such a part of the family that I just can't give her up. I adopted her today!

Here is Jun:

100_0099-2.jpg

100_0104.jpg

The dog was insane--bitchy, manipulative, demanding, she was constantly pacing, circling, chasing her tail or finding something annoying to do.

Sounds like Bas.

Jun and Jin. She's so pretty. I don't think you failed, I think she succeeded.

This could be Jin's sister right down to the eyeliner.

Failure?? I think not! :rolleyes:

Looks like a major success story to me! Too cool. She is lovely.

Congrats and good for you!

She is adorable, congrats!

I want to get involved with foster... although I'm fairly certain that I will fail at least once :rolleyes: